Cash Drawer not open.

General Seup or Installation Help
hho

Cash Drawer not open.

Post by hho »

I follow help topic to setup the cash drawer. The printer print the recipt but the cash drawer is not open. Below is summay of the step.

1) Connect the cash drawer to the printer ports, the connection that looks like a telephone jack.
2) Go into manager utility and chose File->Local Config.
3) Put a check in "Use Cash Drawer" box on the "General Settings" tab.
4) Select "Cash Drawer" tab.
5) Put a check in "Recipt Printer #1 (Strip)" box on the "Drawer is Attached To".

Please direct me?

Thanks
hho
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Make sure that:
  1. You have the proper printer type selected
  2. The current cashier has "Can Open Cash Drawer" rights
If this is the case the "Open Drawer" button on the main POS screen should light up and it should work. What type of printer do you have? Is the drawer made for this type of printer?

Scott
hho

Post by hho »

Where do I check to make sure proper printer type selected since when I put a check in "Recipt Printer #1 (Strip)" box on the "Drawer is Attached To" the "Cash Drawer Settings" is disable.

I check the current cashier has "Can Open Cash Drawer" rights.

When Login the "Open Drawer" button is enable but when I click on it the drawer does not open.

One more thing the jack telephone one side indicate "CD-005B" is where I connect to the printer. The printer type is "EPSON TM-T88III". I am not sure the cash drawer is made for this printer but it come along with the package when we bought it.

Thanks
hho
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Run the Management Utility and go to Local Config and edit the current machine's profile. Select the Printer Settings tab and make sure that the receipt printer type for printer #1 is Epson TM88x (Thermal). If this setting has not been modified, then the drawer should work.

If it still does not work, make the following changes.
  1. Go to the File menu in Management and select "Support Data" -> "Printer Definitions"
  2. Edit the Epson TM88x definition and change the cash drawer string from "{27}p{0}dx" to "{27}p{1}dx".
  3. Save the definition
This should fix it if the drawer is truely compatible with the printer.

Scott