Application start up

General Seup or Installation Help
pmb

Application start up

Post by pmb »

I am currently testing the application on a 2 node system (Win XP Pro) with a win2k server where POS Pizza resides. The 2 nodes are called register1 and register2. The domain is called PMB.local. Register 1 and 2 have drives mapped to the the server for the application (z:\\pmbserver\program files\pospizza51\).

When I bring up the application on register1 (logging on the system using the domain account cash1) the application comes up fine. When I try to bring it up on register2 (logging on to the system using the domain account cash2), it reports that I need to first log on as Administrator to complete the license process. I tried logging on as the domain admin and local admin. In both cases POS Pizza comes up and works but it still reports the same error when I try using the cash2 account. Any ideas.

Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You need to log in as the "local" Windows Administrative user (usually Administrator). It is best to simply log all of the machines in as this user name anyway. It saves headaches on rigths issues.

Create user names on all machines that are identical in Windows. Assign those user accounts to the group "Administrators". Try running the program again. POS Pizza needs to write to the registry and the OS is preventing it from doing so. This is on your register2 machine.

Scott
pmb

Post by pmb »

Thank you. Will give it a try.
pmb

Post by pmb »

Worked great.

Thank you