Cash Drawer Problem

General Seup or Installation Help
tbryan

Cash Drawer Problem

Post by tbryan »

I am finally ready to start using the system but I can not get the cash drawer (M-S serial no printer) to open consistently. It only requires that some data be sent to it and works fine from a DOS command prompt. However, from POS Pizza it does not always open. Particulary the Open Drawer icon only seems to work the first time you click it after logging on. Also, every once in awhile the drawer does not open on a cash receipt or a payout. The drawer has switches for a noise filter which I have tried both active and inactive without any change. I have tried just sending it one character in the cash drawer setup or more. The drawer instructions suggest sending five or more characters, but the more I send the less likely it is to open it seems. Any suggestions?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Make sure that you are using the "Cash Drawers" tab for this drawer and that the "Open Drawer" sequence in the Printer Configuration is blank. The MS Cash drawers usually like 20 @ symbols according to their web site, so try @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ as your Open Drawer Sequence under the Cash Drawer Tab.

Scott
tbryan

Post by tbryan »

The printer open drawer sequence is blank and I am not even using a serial printer - I am using a laser printer on the parallel port. I put in the 20 @ characters. The open drawer icon does not work at all now (yes I am authorized to open the drawer and the button is enabled), however it opened every time for the few tests I ran of cashing out orders, it also opened on a payout . That was sporadic anyway so I don't think I have tried it enough to see if it will fail to open.
Mike
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Mike »

Also you want to make sure that your Dip Switches are set for 9600 Baud 8 Data Bits, No Parity, and 1 Stop Bit. Some Drawers are defaulted to 1200 Baud.

Mike