Caller ID with External Modem

General Seup or Installation Help
Joe Amitrano

Caller ID with External Modem

Post by Joe Amitrano »

Hi,
Will a v.92 external USB modem work properly with the Caller ID Server - v.92/Voice Modem Support (v1.0) Software. I connected it and it is working bit I get an error message when I click on the phone icon. How can I tell the server that the Modem is on the USB port. Do I have to get a different modem? :?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Our modem server only supports true serial modems on COM1 through COM4. WinModem's or USB Modems will not work. If you will be buying another modem, I would recommend buying a ZOOM V.92 Voice Modem, since this is the model that we tested with, it will work with no problems. There are a few modems that people have had troubles with in the past.

Scott
Joe Amitrano

Post by Joe Amitrano »

I installed the new zoom modem and it is working but i still get error messages "cant lock line 1". how do I change the port that it is located on? The modem is on port 5. I have other items on ports 1 and 2 and I don't know if anything is on ports 3 or 4. Thanks for any help you can offer.

joe
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Joe Amitrano wrote:I installed the new zoom modem and it is working but i still get error messages "cant lock line 1".
This doesn't have to to with the port. It cannot create a lock entry in the file system used by POS Pizza. Make sure that the station running the CallerID Server has Full (Allow Others to Modify My Files and Folders) File access rights to the server.

Scott