Complete network question

General Seup or Installation Help
Sarpino's

Complete network question

Post by Sarpino's »

If I am going to install 4 order stations, 1 driver station, 2 kitchen monitors (wyse-150's) all using a hub or switch - do I need to run OCServer program to run the system? Sarpino's will install a peer-to-peer with 2 computers, but obviously I need more than that. What do you suggest?

Thanks again guys :D ,
Sarpino's
You have to LEARN before you can EARN!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You will need will need a Hub or Switch for the PC's, but the WYSE-150's will be run using serial connections directly from any of the PC's to each terminal. Both terminals can go to a single PC, or each one can go to a different PC. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions Section regarding connecting the WYSE terminals in your setup.

On the Host PC's (The one's connected to the terminals) you will run OCServer to drive each terminal. This is really not that hard to do once you have made the serial connection, and have it working.

I recommend using the T1MB and T1MA adapters along with CAT5 wiring as noted in the FAQ. This allows you to use standard CAT5 wires between the PC's and Terminals. These connections are direct and do not get run through a hub, since they are carrying serial data, and not network data.

Scott