Print two part receipt

Discussions about current add-on packages for POS Pizza
gmollineau

Print two part receipt

Post by gmollineau »

Hi

I want to do a survey with four questions for customers to answer. I want this to be at the bottom of the receipt. However some customers want their bills and so would not put it in a box.

Is there a way to have the receipt print normally, and after the 'cut' have a continuation that prints the survey?
this way the customers can have the invoice and simply detach the survey and put it in the box.

Regards

Gerald
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Print two part receipt

Post by Scott »

The only way that I can think of to do this would be to use one of your empty printer slots at each station and then create a custom printer profile script that contains the survey text and whatever other information like customer name/phone etc on it that you want and then assign it to that slot. Then configure it as a cash-out printer and point it to the same printer as the main cash-out receipt goes to.

So printer #1 would be your receipt, Printer #2 kitchen, and then maybe printer #4 would be set to your custom survey profile, and set up identically to printer #1. Don't forget to change printer #4's (or whichever one you decide to use) global settings though in global system config to print only at cash-out (12 check boxes at bottom of "Printing Options" tab in Global.

When making survey script, start with a new profile and then clear out all of the initial slip data, and create one from scratch that is primarily just your questions, explanations and your survey data. You may also opt to add some customer information using the variables in the receipt printing script codes (found on the start menu).

Scott
gmollineau

Re: Print two part receipt

Post by gmollineau »

Thanks

Works exactly as I wanted.

Gerald