Problems with Modifiers

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6

Problems with Modifiers

Postby crosskg » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:23 pm

I am building out my menu but ran into an issues with modifiers. We have extra cheese, extra sauce and hand-tossed style dough as options. These are not toppings (because the charge for them is different than a standard topping), but I do need a way to charge for them. Any suggestions??

Site Admin

Re: Problems with Modifiers

Postby Scott » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:28 am

1. Create a topping in your database called "Extra Cheese", and one for each "Crust type".
  2. In the master item editor for items using either of these, go to the Pricing & Taxes tab page.
  3. Under toppings charges check both Use Individual and Use Flat pricing types, and set your flat topping charge
  4. Next go to the Toppings / Extras tab page, and add one of the needed special toppings.
  5. Make the topping Optional and select the Is a Topping option. Under the Charge xxxxxx fields set the ADDITIONAL amounts for each condition. This will be the ADDITIONAL charge above the standard price that you are charging for this premium topping. So if regular toppings are $1 and premium toppings are $1.50, you would put 0.50 in the Charge Whole field.

Scott

Re: Problems with Modifiers

Postby crosskg » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:33 pm

This worked! I was even able to use a negative number(-1.00) for modifiers that cost less than a regular topping.

Thank for the quick response.

Return to CS Version Discussion