Definitions

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
Uwaunapizza

Definitions

Post by Uwaunapizza »

I am setting up a new database and using the POS PIZZA 6 documents, I would like to know what some of the terms are? I've watched some of the videos which help but I'd like to know more. For example, what are pie groups and what do you do with them?

Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Definitions

Post by Scott »

Pie groups are for the pies per hour report. This field is for inputting a unique character that will later be used to determine how many of each group were sold (per hour). Look at the following items;

Large Pizza pie group: P
Med Pizza pie group: P
Large Sub pie group: S

If these items were sold at 2 each during a particular hour, then the report would show group S sold 2, and group P sold 4.

*Note: when using group codes they are case sensitive, so a large P is different than a small p. It is best to avoid different cases of the same letter, and instead use different letters or numbers. This code is always a single character.

Topping Requirements work in a similar manner in that each topping can use a character to describe the Group that the topping is a part of. These are set on each item and can vary among items. These would be used to have the customer pick something. I can use different groups for different things that need to be picked. If I had an item "Large 3 Meat Pizza" I could force the user to choose 3 meats, and anything else like a crust type. On this item the toppings would be set like;

Pepperoni - group: M
Sausage - group: M
Ham - group: M
Can. Bacon - group: M
Onions -
Blk. Olives -
Grn Peppers -
Thin Crust - group: C
Pan Crust - group: C
Hand Tossed - group: C

On the item options tab page I would set the topping groups requirements to MMMC which means 3 toppings from group M (three Ms), and one topping from group C (one C). Toppings that have no requirement don't need to be part of a group. If I wanted to force the user to choose 2 meat toppings instead, and still choose a crust, the requirements would then be MMC.

If there is anything else that you would like clarified, please let me know.

Scott
Uwaunapizza

Post by Uwaunapizza »

Thank you Scott, also can the font size be changed in the items window for placing an order? For example, I have 18 different combinations of pizzas in a single Category and when they show in the items window the font is large and makes everything bunched up? One other thing? What is the difference for the cashier to log in or clock in?

Thanks John
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Uwaunapizza wrote:Thank you Scott, also can the font size be changed in the items window for placing an order? For example, I have 18 different combinations of pizzas in a single Category and when they show in the items window the font is large and makes everything bunched up? One other thing? What is the difference for the cashier to log in or clock in?

Thanks John

You can change the width of the menu items list to a single column in the Management util under Global System -> Customers & Misc, by checking the "Use Longer Names in Add Items" check box.

Log In logs the cashier into the POS so that they can use it. Clock In is a time clock feature (punch in).

Scott