Newbies

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
mohlotf

Newbies

Post by mohlotf »

Pricing& pricing Schemes.
Can a special such as ( buy one get second half price) be limited to certain days?
Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbies

Post by Scott »

Yes, setup 2 sets of items. One that uses a pricing scheme, and one that does not. Next set day filters opposite to each other for your pair of items, so that you get the desired effect.

For example if you had a buy 2 get one 1/2 off for Wednesdays, you would setup that item to be excluded for all other days except Wednesday, and then a normal priced version of it will only be excluded on Wednesday.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

Thanks Scott,
Another question:
Can you replace a removable item with an option one ( leg combo No mushroom with bacon instead) without the extra charge?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Yes, To do that make sure that you mark all of the standard toppings as "IS A TOPPING" and then use the "INCLUDE TOPPINGS" for whatever count that there are. This will allow substitutions with no increase in price until the customer adds more toppings that were originally included on the item.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

Hello everyone
Scott..I know in previous email you mentioned that the system does not support a two pizza special, is there anything that gets me even close to be able to do it?
The special I have on the menu and I would like it to be available online too is:
" 2 pizzas with 6,4 or 2 toppings combined and the costumer has the flexibility of dividing the number of toppings between the two for a preset price.
Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You could do that as a group. Add the 2 pizzas to the group with normal topping prices enabled, then add a non-inventory item for the discount of the special and the 6, 4, or 2 toppings.

Another way to do this would be to add a the two pizzas with buy 1 get 1 pricing and include 6, 4, or 2 toppings. In this case the cashier would need to ensure that only the correct number of toppings is selected.

The group would allow the customer to add extra toppings and be charged for them appropriately.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

Thanks Scott
We offer free pops with pizzas purchased at regular single price, what would be the best way to imbedded it in the program?

Thanks

Moe
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You could do that with a group also by grouping your regular priced pizza, pop, and a negative non-inventory item that offsets the price of the pop.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

Thanks Scott

Can you have a half and half specialty pizza and 2nd pizza half price at the same time? example:" large half vegetarian half combo and 2nd pizza half price with half pepperoni and half Hawaiian."

Thanks

Moe
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Half and half specialty pizzas should be entered in as the halves. See: YouTube Tutorial Video The higher priced whole price of the 2 will be charged for the item.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

I did that, what I meant is...Can you offer half and half specialty to buy one pizza get second half price pizza special?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you want to combine the special pricing on halves with regular whole pizza's it will not work. It will always charge for the higher priced item, and reduce the price by the percentage set on the lower priced item. The special pricing schemes work best when used on "like" items. You can mix and mach them, but the lower priced item will always be the one that gets its price adjusted by the set amount / percentage.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I moved the Online Ordering discussion to here: http://forums.summitcn.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1637 so that finding this topic would be easier for others.

Scott