Want to run POS Pizza on a Tablet?

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Want to run POS Pizza on a Tablet?

Post by Scott »

I am adding this post to give a list of tablet PCs that are compatible with POS Pizza 6.x. We have tested on the Asus 2-in-one tablet/laptop as well as the Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB). You don't need any more disk space than the 32GB if you are only running POS Pizza [CS] on the tablet. Since the data is all stored on the server, there is no need to get the added disk space. The [LT] version can also be run from this tablet, but the [SA] version cannot since it lacks USB ports. If you want to run the [SA] version on a tablet, then the Asus 2-in-one is the recommended method.

The Venue 8 only has an 8" screen, so working with it is a little tricky, but definitely doable.

Scott
mohlotf

Re: Want to run POS Pizza on a Tablet?

Post by mohlotf »

Hello Scott
I'm wondering how it would work, what would be installed on the tablet and the main computer, and how it would connect to it?
In my case, we take deliveries over the phone and web ordering, and a star printer connected with a cable.
And finally, does it require a purchase of new add on station, is it only those two types of tablets?
Thanks
Moe
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Want to run POS Pizza on a Tablet?

Post by synpse »

the new Windows 8 tablets are incredible. the HP Stream 7 tablet is a full computer. If you have some network receipt printers, it would make an awesome table-side order entry station. and at $99 the price is right.

EDIT: Yes, you would need an available license for a tablet to connect. since it's another full computer, and would run the full program.