Kitchen Station

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
SMBiT

Kitchen Station

Post by SMBiT »

Hi i have a bit of a problem with my kitchen station.

Orders on the screen only stays there for about half a second then disappears, also no labels are printing.
1. i have reinstalled the OS (Windows XP Pro SP2) and the Updated POS Pizza 6 Software (with every failure) but just ended up doing the same thing.
2. Made ports open in both TCP & UDP on the router.
3. added programs to Firewall Exclusion
4. Tried a different PC Unit but the same issue occurs.
5. Ran Kitchen station on different PC's including the server, but suffers the same issue.

Current Kitchen station scenario/settings:
  • label printer is currently shared to the server and is working for Box Label Printing
  • Screen still suffers from momentary display of orders then disappears almost immediately

Please Help :shock:
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kitchen Station

Post by Scott »

It sounds like you are running a print server and line screen on the same line. The print only module grabs orders immediately and then clears them. Start by eliminating all copies of the print only modules. Next run just the screens and see if they work. They should at this point.

Next you need to determine when you want labels to print. Do you want it to print when the order is submitted, or when the item is marked completed on the make screen?

If when submitted, use the print only module and set it to service line 1 and bounce completed orders to line 2. Point the screen to line 2.

If when completed, don't use the print only module. Just use the make screen, and have it print the item(s) on completion.

Note: You don't need to share the box label printer at all unless you're using multiple screens and they're printing on completion. If this is not the case, unshare the box label printer and run the print only module locally where that printer is installed.

Scott
SMBiT

Post by SMBiT »

Thanks, i uninstalled all the modules and deleted the directory in the hard drive (tried to just uninstall the module but the settings are being kept), rebooted then installed only the Makeline Module. fixed the problem.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

SMBiT wrote:Thanks, i uninstalled all the modules and deleted the directory in the hard drive (tried to just uninstall the module but the settings are being kept), rebooted then installed only the Makeline Module. fixed the problem.
It sounds like it was set to auto-run at Windows start.

Reinstall the full install, and reboot the PC. Once it boots up, wait a couple of minutes and check the system tray down near the clock on the task bar. You should see the icon for the Order Console Print Only Module down there.
  1. Right click on it and then click the "Server Running" option to stop it (so that it is unchecked).
  2. Next right-click on the icon once again and uncheck the automatically start at windows boot option.
  3. Once this is done, right click and exit and unload the print only module completely.
It should now no longer run no matter what is installed on that station, the print only module will no longer automatically run.

It is not running now because that app is not installed, but there is more than likely a startup entry in your system registry for the print only module, so if it ever gets reinstalled it will run again until that entry is removed by following he steps above.

Scott
SMBiT

Post by SMBiT »

I did everything you said above even reinstalled the OS for good measure.

but the problem is back again when an order comes in,the Make-line Screen displays the order for about 2-4 seconds then disappears.

The owner said that it worked for a while then started to disappear again the same day, the Owner and i each uninstalled everything, restarted and reinstalled again, checked all settings on the software but the same problem exists.

I installed a module on another PC, it's doing the same thing off the bat.

Not sure if there's something else i could change.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Look on all of your other computers for the "Make-Line Print Only Module". I am 100% certain that it is running somewhere on the network and is using the same node as your line. This item will be in the system tray near the clock on the status bar in Windows. Right-click it's icon and first remove the "Launch at System Boot" option (if it's checked), and then right-click it again, and completely unload the print server. Once it's gone, you can even go into the local C:\POSPizza6\CS folder and delete the file "MLPOM.exe" in order to ensure that it does not get run again.

Scott