Driver Report

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Driver Report

Post by synpse »

I got an order tonight.. the guy paid for it here, and had me deliver it to his house. I go to cash out tonight, and the order is part of my total! after he paid for it here. What?!

-Mark
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Driver Report

Post by Scott »

It took a couple of tries to get this to happen, but it turns out it is when a cash payment is made at the Main station by the same employee as the one who delivers the order, that the driver report gets confused. This will be fixed in the next revision to correct this.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

ok.. report gets confused, but i don't when i see it.. and yeah, i took the order, then i delivered it. i pretty much do a lot around here! haha. time to count the monies and go home!

BTW, my drawers are still coming up about $10-$15 over. and they like to run CC's on one computer and take the money from another. Ugh.. so hard to train!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:...my drawers are still coming up about $10-$15 over. ...
Are some of your employees still running paid outs for tips? Ringing cash orders as CC? Ringing the wrong payment type for what was actually taken is one of the more common mistakes people make.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

No, they're a bit mad at me because of the fix to "Make cashier select payment type" But... they're not making many mistakes! and no.. they do not enter the paid out for tips.
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Here's the issue I just saw when I left work an hour ago...

They pre-pay for a delivery. $15.84 on the order. Pay with a $20. Then the Driver report says ($-4.16) on the report. And that messes up the number at the bottom.

They paid into Register1, and that change given came from that drawer... but it's showing on the driver's report. Why?

As for the credit card tips showing up like that, that's fine. I just need to label the delivery tips as such, so I don't try to add that to my CC TIP ADJ paid out entry.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

They pre-pay for a delivery. $15.84 on the order. Pay with a $20. Then the Driver report says ($-4.16) on the report. And that messes up the number at the bottom.
It is supposed to do that. If they prepay, the driver keeps the difference for the tip that was applied to that order. Remember driver's are treated individually from other drivers and registers.
They paid into Register1, and that change given came from that drawer... but it's showing on the driver's report. Why?
Overpayment to Tips is ON. Change this setting if you don't want that to happen. Otherwise any overpayment is assumed to be "TIP Money" for delivery orders.

Scott
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

Overpayment to Tips is ON. Change this setting if you don't want that to happen. Otherwise any overpayment is assumed to be "TIP Money" for delivery orders.

Scott[/quote]

Does the overpayment to tips only affect orders in this way? Would it affect deliveries with credit cards?
We have the same issue occasionally and I have instructed my staff to never put a cash amount tendered for a walkin delivery. This way any tip will not affect the drivers cashout.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

durbancic wrote:Does the overpayment to tips only affect orders in this way? Would it affect deliveries with credit cards?
We have the same issue occasionally and I have instructed my staff to never put a cash amount tendered for a walkin delivery. This way any tip will not affect the drivers cashout.
Credit Card over payments are always tips. No cash back from credit cards. Debit card overpays are also tips, since cash back must be specified in a specific field. The only payments that overpayment to tips effects are cash and check orders, since all other forms of payment do not give change. When a Tip is placed on any order, if it's a delivery it goes to the driver for that order, otherwise it goes to the cashier who "Created" the original order.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Gotcha.

This has cleared up so much in the last week or two. Driver tips come off the driver report, and aren't counted on my register tips total. and if they'd just quit switching drawers with orders! lol. but that's usually a small adjustment, if any.