6.10.16 Tips Change

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

6.10.16 Tips Change

Post by synpse »

Hey Scott,

So with this 6.10.16 update, I won't be entering a "Paid Out" for Credit Card Tips anymore? Is that correct?

If so, I'll wait til after I close out tonight to do the update. I was almost ready to install this right now on the systems, but after reading that.. I wanted to double check and see if I read it correctly.

-Mark
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 6.10.16 Tips Change

Post by Scott »

The drawer report now deducts non-driver tips taken in at that station and has a line added to the report to reflect this amount. This amount is then deducted from the "Drawer should be" amount. This only works for tips put into the system for non-drivers.

Driver tips work the same as always, and are fully accounted for on the driver close report.

The payment summary report was also modified to reflect non-driver tips. Before all tips were only for drivers.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

So... Once the tip is entered in the system, they can take the money from the drawer, without the need for me to enter anymore information before closing the shift, Correct??
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Yes, that is correct. Make sure that they take the tip money from the same drawer that they cash out the order on.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

arghhhhhhhhh.... they didn't. this is true in 6.10.14 as well, right?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

.14, .15, .16 had this report updated for cashier/waitstaff tips.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Yes. I see this... And now I just do an adjustment for what they actually took out of the drawer. I'll have to explain it to them all again.
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Scott... It's still looking a little funny... things seem to be a bit off.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:Scott... It's still looking a little funny... things seem to be a bit off.
Can you make it go off by doing a certain thing? If, so please tell me what to do. I've run nearly every possible combination that I can think of here on my end, and it always balances across all of the reports. I've done mixed payments on orders with tips, and so far so good here.

Are the cashier tips giving anyone else any problems??

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Questions..

Does it matter who ran the credit card, and who added the tip to the credit card receipt?

Does it matter that they ran the tip on a different drawer than the CASH OUT credit card payment?

Does it matter who opened the shift?

In theory.. I'm thinking that any CC Tips added to a slip, on that register/drawer, should take the cash out as "waitstaff tips". correct or not?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:Questions..

Does it matter who ran the credit card, and who added the tip to the credit card receipt?
No, the person who created (owns) the order gets the tip applied to that order.
Does it matter that they ran the tip on a different drawer than the CASH OUT credit card payment?
No, as long as they take the tip cash from the original cash out machine's drawer. The actual credit card adjustment doesn't effect any specific drawer but the machine listed as the "cash out machine" must be the one where the tip money is taken from. The cash out machine is the machine that the ticket was originally paid in full on.
Does it matter who opened the shift?
not at all.
In theory.. I'm thinking that any CC Tips added to a slip, on that register/drawer, should take the cash out as "waitstaff tips". correct or not?
No, the machine only knows where it was cashed out. Adjusting the credit charge does not change the cash out machine, since this happens on a 3rd party software. The cash taken from the til for the tips should only come out of the cash out machine's til regardless of where the adjustment was entered in.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Oh...

hhhmmmmm... OH!

oh...

... oh my...

Ah ha.. so that's how it all works, nuts n bolts n all.

As of right now, we get a lot of chaos. I just consider myself lucky to get the white copy back instead of the 2nd yellow copy. My current method was off by $0.01 on one drawer, and $0.71 on the other drawer. Signed slips go into the til that money is taken from. I make adjustments when counting at the end of the day. Take the number on the "Quick Report", Figure out the adjustment for tips, and enter the +/- paid out. Then I go through the checks.. look at the report for check total, take my check total, and make adjustment to the cash total. And a HUGE THANK YOU for keeping the drawer count totals in the tool. I turn my back and they sneak in, close it out, cancel it out, just so they can clock out and leave! "use the other computer!" but it's too late! haha. atleast my counts survive! :)
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

ya know what.. we're doing driver credit card tips the same as the wait staff tips. run it, check it off, take money from till. So that could be throwing me off as well.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:ya know what.. we're doing driver credit card tips the same as the wait staff tips. run it, check it off, take money from till. So that could be throwing me off as well.
No driver's are sort of "their own drawer" so their tips are simply deducted from what they owe back at the end of the night. This will show on each individual driver's report.

The non-driver tips however work completely different since a single drawer may be shared among multiple cashiers / wait staff.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

See.. we sort of just dump the driver money into "the main drawer". So we have some Paid Outs clashing badly on the reports.

I need a better solution. And as far as the driver tips... they still need to be entered on a POS computer to go thru the Credit Card software/ XCharge.

So for my deposit reports, I have Register1, Register2, then this Delivery Driver stuff. Whereas.. I'm not using the delivery driver stuff as a "drawer" and putting the money into another register drawer. I really want to just be able to cash the driver deliveries into a register drawer, and be done with it like that.

Setting up everything is such a multi-task, scatter-brained experience. Sorry for all the different posts all over, but I'm just 1 person trying to setup 1 company and get EVERYTHING working smoothly. And this is what I enjoy doing :)
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Driver money should never be put anywhere unless you do; 1) a drop for that driver, 2) a negative paid out to the drawer where the money is being put.

Most delivery restaurants give the driver a "bank" and they work from this, and then pay back the difference at the end of their shift. This is the way POS Pizza is set to work. If money is moved from one location to another, the system needs to know what went where.

At the end of the night, do a final drop for each driver so that the amount they owe you (you owe them) is $0.00. Put that in a drawer (using a negative paid-out), and then your paperwork should balance.

Scott
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

Scott, I would like to clarify this so I understand it better myself. When we give a driver a bank from the front drawer, at the end of the shift we should pay back the $20 to the same drawer in order to make the drawer balance, correct? We have not been doing that, but I guess it would make sense to do that? Otherwise how does the system know what drawer the bank came from?
And we normally keep all the drivers money separate in an envelope in the safe after they finish their shift. Would it be better/easier to just do a negative payout when a driver finishes their shift and put the money into the drawer?

Also, is there a way to account for drawer drops? As of now, we just write the amount of money taken out of the drawer on a slip of paper and keep 1 copy on the drawer and 1 copy with the money. Then at the end of the day we just count it with the money for that drawer.

Since moving to V6 I have not followed any of the financial reports through the POS, we use an excel sheet to balance each day & that works. But I would like to figure out how to better balance our numbers through the POS.

Dan
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

durbancic wrote:Scott, I would like to clarify this so I understand it better myself. When we give a driver a bank from the front drawer, at the end of the shift we should pay back the $20 to the same drawer in order to make the drawer balance, correct? We have not been doing that, but I guess it would make sense to do that? Otherwise how does the system know what drawer the bank came from?
Correct. You can also do a regular paid-out when you give the bank, then a negative when you put it back. If you did this then you could take from one drawer and put back into another and everything would still balance.
And we normally keep all the drivers money separate in an envelope in the safe after they finish their shift. Would it be better/easier to just do a negative payout when a driver finishes their shift and put the money into the drawer?
Either way is fine. It's really up to you how you want to do that part.
Also, is there a way to account for drawer drops? As of now, we just write the amount of money taken out of the drawer on a slip of paper and keep 1 copy on the drawer and 1 copy with the money. Then at the end of the day we just count it with the money for that drawer.
You could do a paid out and for these as well and give them an appropriate description so they can be reported separately if needed.

Scott
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

Scott wrote:At the end of the night, do a final drop for each driver so that the amount they owe you (you owe them) is $0.00. Put that in a drawer (using a negative paid-out), and then your paperwork should balance.

Scott
Unless you owe the driver money back which happens here at times because we do a high volume of credit cards. Then you want to do a positive paid-out.
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

I have not had any issues with driver tips since early this past summer. The reports all work correctly for drivers. I can't comment on other tips, because we don't put them into the system. We have a tip jar for our cashiers which doesn't get entered into the pos. We give the customer the change, then they drop in a tip if they want to.