Anyone using the make line screen?

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Anyone using the make line screen?

Post by synpse »

Is anyone using the Make Line screen in their kitchen?

If so.. what kind of setup works best? Better or worse than the sound of printers and the hassle of paper?
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Anyone using the make line screen?

Post by durbancic »

I am using a makeline screen & printer combo. We have the monitor setup to make a noise if an item comes up after a certain time of inactivity (we can input order from different sections of the restaurant where you cannot know when an order is taken). I used receipt printers for years, although not as a "kitchen printer", just as a regular receipt printer sent to 2 places. I like using the screen a lot more. Less paper hassle, you can look at 6 items at a time. The thing that has been an adjustment is timed or future orders. You have to put special instructions for each item on the order so that it shows on the screen what time the order is for. The cause of most problems now is forgetting to make the items that are on the tickets, not the screen :shock:
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Anyone using the make line screen?

Post by synpse »

yeah, we're going thru a pile of slips. epson 220 impact printer with 2 ply paper. white/yellow copies. and 2 ticket lines. prep table and fryer/stove.

we put the future order time under the special instructions for a line item. then they see it!