Payment at Driver Console

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Payment at Driver Console

Post by Scott »

I know a few people are having some level of mistakes with payments being received at the driver console upon the driver's return. Due to the complexity of all of the various payment types, I would rather keep things simple at the driver console, but am willing to modify the current method to make it a little less likely to cause mistakes. It seems that some people aren't paying attention and either sending the payments to the register thinking that option was for credit card payments, or accidentally clicking cash when they meant to send it to the register.

Should I change the payment screen to use radio buttons instead of the two buttons? Maybe adding icons to the buttons would help? Maybe I could include credit card and check payments but other types and options found at the main POS (like splitting a ticket, multiple payment types, acct pmts, etc.) will definitely have to be omitted from the driver console. I would appreciate your input on this if you are using the driver console in your setup. :)

Scott
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Payment at Driver Console

Post by durbancic »

Maybe you could say 'payment not taken by driver' instead of taken at register? Really, after the first week we have not had any problems making the adjustment to the new system. The one thing that messed me up at first was the switch of the buttons order when returning from UNDELIVERED orders. That was the only thing that got me, only did it once though. Since credit cards take care of themselves, I don't know why you need to add it, unless to make it clearer that was the payment type.

Thats all I got right now, gotta make pizzas
Fat Tonys

Post by Fat Tonys »

I would like the ability to turn off the pay at counter option altogether. It just isn't needed and causes confusion and I am losing money because it is there. If a driver clicks that button, then the driver report doesn't show that they are responsible for the money, it puts a line through it and when they give me their money for the night, they get to pocket the extra. Then the person at the register has to deal with all of the unpaid orders! This is a serious problem!
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

I haven't had any problems with the driver console either. There was the initial differences to get adjusted to when coming from v5 to v6, but they really weren't a big deal. I am happy with it as it currently is. If you do decide to allow an option to block the other pmt at register option, then make sure it is optional, I need that enabled on my system.

For Fat Tonys, if you just started using the system, I am pretty sure that this won't be a problem for you in a short time. Explain to your drivers how to do it correctly, and if they click the wrong button, just have them pay the cashier the amount due on the order from their bag, and your paperwork will all balance.
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

Any delivery that is crossed off should have a corresponding credit card slip for it, or it was paid for at the register (either before delivery (walkin customer) or the driver returned wrong from it). Hopefully the cashiers can remember what orders get paid for in cash by a customer before they are delivered since that is a rare occurrence. And if you can prove where a driver owes for a delivery that they are shorting you, just have them pay you back. It was either an honest mistake or a driver trying to rip you off. I actually had it happen to me last night (my fault) and called up the driver & explained it to him. They know, for the most part, how much they should be making on a shift so anything a lot higher or lower should make them wonder.
Fat Tonys

Post by Fat Tonys »

I see that now. I also noticed that if I run the driver report again after the orders were cashed out, the report shows the proper amount for my driver. I am using this to get the money back from him. I think it was an honest mistake since he wasn't sure what button to use.