Kprint Problems

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Kprint Problems

Post by joshwho »

For some reason once I Updated POS Pizza to the New version, It has created a problem with K-Print. Now if there is more than 7 items or more to send back to the printers it splits it up in about 3 or 4 tickets. It also has a big delay when it does that. Once I complete the order I have to wait about 20 to 60 seconds for it to open the drawer and print the receipt. Is this a known glitch or is it something configured wrong?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kprint Problems

Post by Scott »

It sounds like something is configured wrong. Perhaps you are sending to a second copy to a serial port that has no printer or something. Sounds much like a hardware timeout. If it is holding the POS from opening the drawer and printing a receipt then the problem is not KPrint releated, but more than likely with a device configured on the local config.

Scott
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

It doesnt do this with all the printers just the Grill printer. Its the only one using kprint.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I thought you said it was hanging before the receipt print and drawer open. After you click the green check to submit the order, how quickly does the receipt print and the drawer open?

Also try deleting the PizzMkLn.PZ5 file at the start of the day. Could be this file is corrupted. Daily Maintenance should remove it anyway.

Scott
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

Not the Sales receipt but the Kitchen One

I got it to where the tickets dont gett split up anymore by changing the k-print wiat time to 60 seconds but I think it shouldnt take that long for large orders. When I use all 16 slots this happens and it takes about 20 to 30 seconds before it prints the kithchen ticket. Once it starts printing the kitchen ticket it final opens the drawer.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Does it do this from any order station or just certain ones? Sorry about all of the questions, but I am trying to narrow it down to what exactly could be causing your problem.

Scott
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

This happens From all order taking stations.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I am trying to duplicate the problem here but am unable to so far. This is strange that KPrint would hang the main order stations since they are in no way connected other than using the make-line data file.