EOD Cash Till Totals Report

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
GeoDaddy

EOD Cash Till Totals Report

Post by GeoDaddy »

I assume that the Sales for the Day report is the best way to get a Cash Till Total, per Cash Drawer (providing that you enforce the one person on one workstation standard - hence ALL transactions on that register are the responsibility of that person who logged on for a given shift....)

I see that, at the bottom of the report, the summary breaks out Cash, Check, Credit per Employee - IF all those transactions were done on ONE Cash Drawer - that would be the totals they would have to match up to at the end of their shift.

One question.

Is there anything simplier i.e. just a Total Count printed on their Clock out?

Is that on a Wish List?

I was thinking that one could dump one of those tables to a CVS file and import it into a spreadsheet, using Excel Basic to come out with a simplier report... but that would take programming and more Shift Change activities than we were currently considering.

g
GeoDaddy

Post by GeoDaddy »

Of course, this assumes that you are actually running the "Daily" Maintenance routine at the end of every "shift" in order to close out the cash drawers for employees who are working the morning/lunch vs afternoon/evening shifts (three times if you are running a 24 hour store)
GeoDaddy

Post by GeoDaddy »

p.s. I didn't see an End-of-Day report (I'll look again) only the Daily Sales Report.

g
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Daily sales is the end of day report for prior periods, the current period would be "Sales so far today". If your cashiers logon IDs are unique you wouldn't need to run daily maintenance at the end of each shift. You could still do it one time per day.

You can dump the sales history to a CSV file using the database maintenance tool (found on the Maintenance menu in mgt util.).

Scott