What is the $1 Cost Topping???

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
GeoDaddy

What is the $1 Cost Topping???

Post by GeoDaddy »

Just curious, what is the purpose of the $1 Cost Topping in the Sample Database... just trying to figure out if it's something I should be using???
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you want to track your costs for boxes, bags plates etc, you may say that on average a Lg. Pizza has $2.75 of associated costs with it (just throwing out a random figure), so you could add this item to your pizza and set the quantity used as 2.75. This would deduct that amount from profits made on that item whenever it is sold. If you are not tracking profits at this stage, you can simply omit it or ignore it.

Scott
GeoDaddy

Post by GeoDaddy »

Hmmm...

I was actually using using it as a work around i.e. Buffet requiring NO Toppings but seemed to need one topping, namely a $Cost. For some reason, I couldn't get the "skip topping menu" selection for an Item to"skip" until I plugged in one Topping value (so it could ignore it???)

g
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Skip toppings works on items with no toppings. Please verify this. As I said the beverages in the sample data do exactly this. They have no toppings and the skip is enabled. It is working fine here.

Scott