Multiple Stores

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
robertson.12

Multiple Stores

Post by robertson.12 »

We currently have seven stores using the Pos Pizza Software, I will be combining and analyzing data from these stores. Does any one have any idea or ideas on how I can get the reports from these stores on a daily basis. Driving to these stores daily is not an option due to the distance between stores. And it really cannot be too complicated because some of the individuals at the stores are not very knowledgeable concerning computers. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Would emailing a CSV version of the report that would be able to be opened in excel work for you? You could easily combine stores in a spreadsheet. Contact me if you have questions on this.

Scott
robertson.12

Scott

Post by robertson.12 »

Can you let me know how to do this. If it is simple enough to do then I can pass on to the general managers on how to do this, but once again most of these people have very little computer experience, and if there is too many steps to take, it may end up being more of a headache than is necessary.

One of my bosses was interested in utilizing a server unit to be located at a central location, and have the programs run over the internet since they are currently linked into a cable modem service, is this a possibility with this program?

If this is a posibility do you have any suggestions on what kind of server we should get?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Trying to run a Windows drive mapping over the Internet would yield very poor performance. I would just look at having the reports you need made into CSV format and then combining them in Excel or some other way.

It would involve the manager on each site creating the report file each night (or whatever period) and emailing the file to a central location. Once the files are collected they could be combined.

Scott
robertson.12

Cvs File

Post by robertson.12 »

Thanks Scott, will pass it on, how would you create a CVS file for example the daily summary of transaction report?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

With a custom-built report module. I will email you with information.

Scott
zippaz23

Use logmein.com

Post by zippaz23 »

I had the same problem as you. I have 2 stores and I was constantly running to both of them every time I wanted to make a change to the menu or gather a report. It was way too time consuming and a big pain in the butt. Now that I have internet connection at both shops, I use logmein.com It allows me to log in and take control of the store computer from my home computer. The best part is that it's free!