Asgn Drvr function from Order Entry Terminal

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza

Asgn Drvr function from Order Entry Terminal

Postby chrispizza » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:19 am

Is there a way to assign a delivery to a non clock user from an Order Enter station? I usually use the driver console, but lately my hardware has been acting up and I have had problems with getting it up and running.

It is no problem to assign a delivery to a clocked in driver, but I can't asign one to a non clock user, the option just doesnt come up. Should this be under the wish list?

-Chris

Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:40 pm

I guess that should be a wishlist item. The assign driver will only show currently "on duty" driver's which does not include anyone who is not clocked in with a delivery driver flag, so this would include the non-clock users.

Scott

Postby horndeanpizza » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:47 am

I could be wrong as i am still learning this software but i think you can simply type in the name of a non clock user in the assign driver box and it will clock the delivery out to them.

Postby chrispizza » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:41 am

Nope. I tried that as well. There just isn't an option and you can't type in the box. You only have the option of noone, or the drivers who are currently on the clock.

-Chris

Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:37 am

You can only type in a driver's name if you are not using the employee database. Otherwise you are locked into names from the database.

Scott

Return to General Information about v5