Need help with cashier opening/closing banks

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
mantrasia

Need help with cashier opening/closing banks

Post by mantrasia »

this is probably a real simple thing that i'm overlooking, but we're having some problems getting things setup for cashier accountability. when a cashier comes on shift at our shop, they start with their own drawer and it has $100 in it. they count it in, and verify...then they goto their order taking station and log in and begin their shift. problem is when they're done for the day, i'm not seeing a end of shift report for us to run, so we can verify that the amount of funds in their drawer matches the amount of orders they had taken for their shift....something like the driver close out report i guess?

help is appreciated, thanks in advance

-tyson
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Cashier totals are shown on the End-Of-Day report in the bottom section along with the machine and driver totals. You could always print a Sales So Far Today report to see what they currently are.

Scott
mantrasia

Post by mantrasia »

we'll be having cashiers on different shifts throughout the day coming and going, so it wouldnt be possible to just pull their info from the end of day report.....also, if i pull the 'sales so far today' report, isnt that combined sales taken at all order consoles, not just the sales so far for the one order console its being ran from?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The Sales So Far report breaks items down by each cashier. It shows cash, check, credit card and other totals for that cashier. It will also show each ticket # for each cashier (if you installed update pack 1).

Scott
mantrasia

Post by mantrasia »

so, could i make a wish list suggestion to be added in a future update, to have a close out report for cashiers similar to the drivers close out one that i can run at the end of the cashiers shift and it'll show their starting bank just like the drivers, then all their transactions and amounts then a tally at the end that shows what they should have on hand when its all said and done just like the drivers do? i think this would be far more efficient and speedy for closing out a cashier, not to mention add a more official looking document for record keeping for that side of the house.

-tyson
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Yes, you can. Please post a brief mention of it in the "Wish List" section however since we often refer to that section when adding new features. It may get lost in the shuffle here. :)

Scott
mantrasia

Post by mantrasia »

cool, i posted it up in the wish list section. any estimate when the next update release is scheduled for? (5.2)
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I'm not sure yet, but we're presently working on new things that we hope to release over the summer. Most additional reports should be added in an update. I don't know that we'll actually release a 5.2, but I'm sure that there will be more update packs in the coming months.

Scott
mantrasia

Post by mantrasia »

awesome.....sooner the better on the report addition, as we're king of just winging it right now with our new cashiers, and as soon as they catch on that there isnt some sort of accountability measuer set in place for them and their drawers, i feel it opens the potential for dishonesty