Add / Delete toppings

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
EdM

Add / Delete toppings

Post by EdM »

Hi,

I have set up the master itmes to be a set price with x amount of toppings. The toppings that come as standard do no have a cheque mark in the 'is a topping' box, the hald and double boxes are chequed. All other toppings have all three boxes checked. When I put a pizza through and tak a standard item off and add a non-standard item, the price should stay the same, but what is actually happenning is the total price of the pizza increases by the incremental cost of the added topping, taking no account of the removal of one of the standard toppings. I know I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Grateful for any light you can shed on the matter.

Cheers, Ed
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you want to allow substitutions, you must check the Is a Topping box for your standard toppings, and then set the Include Toppings to include whatever number of your removable standard toppings that you have. Once you have done this, you may properly substitute any of your standard toppings.

Scott
EdM

Toppings dilemma

Post by EdM »

Tried that Scott, doesn't seem to work. I created a new Pizza. I have two standard toppings where the 'Is a Topping' is not checked.
I have 3 removable standards where is a topping is checked, so is allow half and allow double
I have 2 optional toppings where is a topping is NOT checked but allow half and double are checked..
The base price is £10
the include free toppings is set to 3
Use individual topping charges is ticked.
in the inclde free section, count half as whole is checked but greyed out.
Stnd topping 1 £0
Stnd topping 2 £0
RStnd Topping 1 is Full £1.3 Half £0.80 Double £2.00
RStnd Topping 2 is Full £1.3 Half £0.80 Double £2.00
RStnd Topping 3 is Full £0.80 Half £0.50 Double £1.30
Optional Topping 1 is Full £1.30 Half £0.80 Double £2.00
Optional Topping 2 is Full £0.80 Half £0.50 Double £1.30

When I make the order up the first additional topping, regardless of base price adds £1.30 to the order. Additional toppings after that obey the individual topping prices.

In other words if I go with the preset pizza as above and add optional topping 2, instead of the price being £10.80, it makes it £11.30. However if I then add another Optional topping, it adds the correct increment to the price.
Can you replicate this on your system, or have I missed out a step.
Cheers, Ed
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toppings dilemma

Post by Scott »

EdM wrote:I have 2 optional toppings where is a topping is NOT checked but allow half and double are checked.
Is A Toppnig should be checked here.
EdM wrote:in the inclde free section, count half as whole is checked but greyed out.
You can use the include free toppings, but the count half as whole can only be disabled if you are using flat topping charges.
EdM wrote:Stnd topping 1 £0
Stnd topping 2 £0
RStnd Topping 1 is Full £1.3 Half £0.80 Double £2.00
RStnd Topping 2 is Full £1.3 Half £0.80 Double £2.00
RStnd Topping 3 is Full £0.80 Half £0.50 Double £1.30
Optional Topping 1 is Full £1.30 Half £0.80 Double £2.00
Optional Topping 2 is Full £0.80 Half £0.50 Double £1.30

When I make the order up the first additional topping, regardless of base price adds £1.30 to the order. Additional toppings after that obey the individual topping prices.

In other words if I go with the preset pizza as above and add optional topping 2, instead of the price being £10.80, it makes it £11.30. However if I then add another Optional topping, it adds the correct increment to the price.
Can you replicate this on your system, or have I missed out a step.
Cheers, Ed
Since you are using toppings that have different pricing, you will need to move your lower priced toppings to the end of the list on the second toppings page. By changing the order of the toppings you will get different results as they are calculated from top to bottom. Another thing you could do is to add a dummy "Standard (non-removable)" topping as the very last item and check Is a Topping and up your included toppings by 1 more so as to include this topping. Adjust the pricing on the dummy topping to get the desired results.

This gets very complicated when your topping prices are different from one another.

Scott