Is there a configuration change I can make?

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza

Is there a configuration change I can make?

Postby Scott Hack » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:50 pm

I'm opening up my dining room with a bar very soon (30-45 days) I'm already behind schedule, but things seem to be falling into place. I've been working with POS Pizza trying to figure out the "Do not send Edits to kitchen" stuff, but I'm not having any luck. I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong, but can someone look at my situation and see if I'm doing it correctly.

Potential Senario

1. Customer's seated in my dining room.
2. Server greets and gets dink order. Someone orders a beer.
3. Server enters beer and beverage order into POS Pizza.
4. Presents drinks, customers order app.
5. Server Enters app into POS Pizza.
6. Now at this time, the ticket is being edited, so I have the choice of sending the edited ticket to the kitchen. If I choose no, then the app doesn't go back. If I choose yes, then the beer and the app go back. So the beer is sent twice.
7. Server goes back and gets food order, and same choice as above.
8. Table orders another beer. Send all food to kitchen again?

I've thought about using hand written tickets and then entering everything into POS pizza at the very end, but I'm worried about theft, hand writing mistakes, and accountability with my bar.

I've also thought about running 2 instances of POS Pizza, and just using a new ticket for each item/instance that I'm sending something to the kitchen or bar, then at the end, entering all the info into the second system to create an end of check invoice. Then I would have two totals at then end of the night to compare.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Postby chrispizza » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:34 am

I am running POS Pizza in my shops, and have a full bar. It is really a pain to keep track of the dine-in orders, because of the problems you mentioned. I have found that it is just easiest to keep a paper tab and just add to it as the customers order more beers, apps... otherwise the kitchen has no idea what has been made or needs to be made for dine in.

I enter it all in at the end then just zap it all off the make like monitor. Cash on delivery is fine, but I almost never do that because customers don't like it.

Let me know if you come up with any better solutions.

Postby Scott Hack » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:24 pm

Using paper tickets, how do you keep free food and drinks coming from your bar and kitchen? Plus you never know if the server really charged the customer for each item... that is why I'm considering the two systems ran side by side.

Postby chrispizza » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:42 am

I have my waitresses stick the paper ticket to the POS reciept when the order is rung up and paid for. The way I look at the problem, if an employee is going to steal from you, they will steal from you. As Big Dave said: 25% of employees will steal, 25% wont, and the other half will lift small things if the opportunity arrises.

I have other checks in place that will tip me off to a theft problem fairly quickly.

Return to General Information about v5