Planned Additional Features

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
Scott Hack

Planned Additional Features

Post by Scott Hack »

It looks like the program is still being developed (which is a good thing.) As I am on day 50 of my 60 days of trial and so far finding things I like and things that frustrate me to no end. I began to ponder what I might see in the future from POS Pizza?

-Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Here are some items that are currently on the wish list. Nothing here is set in stone or will show up for sure in a future version. These are simply ideas that are being considered.

v5.0 Wish List:

New Database Format for the Customer, History, Possibly other files... Move toward remote access via client over TCP/IP (Internet or dialup).

Delivery Charges Database (9 Delivery Zones ea. with their own settings) Zone will then be assigned to each customer record to show what zone they are in.

Re arange Tax Total on Slip to have Sub-Total first, then Taxes Indented, then Tax Total at the regular print position.

Add Pre-Dating feature for "Future Orders". Have pop-up reminders in advance, and finally have it prompt Node 1 for processing the order when it's time comes up.

Integrate "Close Out Driver" feature. Coming Soon as add-on (Should be available for free download sometime in late June).

Add-Item List to be "Multi-Column" w/Larger Print.

New Customer Fields (More Data, make room for Customer Accts.)

Pay-Out's to be switchable "on/off" in each cashier's account.

Possibly an outboard module for servicing multiple (more than 2) receipt printers???

Customer Accounting (in-house accounts).

Receipt/Slip (w/Reason...) on Void Order, toggleable in Mgt. Utl.

Category Totals and percentages of sales report. No Itemization, simply x amount of Pizza's which is xx% and y amount of subs which is yy% etc....

Quick-Add ability on certain Items. Skips Modifier screen and Add's product directly to main item list. The user can then edit the item if needed. (Toggleable)

Cost vs. Profits Report.

Cash Converter Calculator??? To calc exchange rates for foreign currency.

Price Override - Set price to a fixed amt. - Password required (Manager or Super).

---------------------------------

These are just some of the directions that the program could see in the next release. v5.0 is not scheduled to be released until the first half of 2004. Our new releases typically come at this time of year every year. We will be releasing some small add-on's between then and now however (will be announced at release).

Scott
Scott Hack

Future

Post by Scott Hack »

Has anyone else expressed a wish or need to have the reports be less hardcoded and more end user configurable? For instance, I'd like to know my top 75 customers, not just my top 10. This is just one example. Anyone ask about exporting sales data to a format suitable for importing into excel for creating charts or graphs? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, its my nature.

-Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Export to Excel:

Post by Scott »

That is being considered, but since we are making major changes to the database structure & design in the next version, we will more than likely wait until the new DB is in place before releasing such a utility.

Scott
atapi

please consider sql for next database

Post by atapi »

please consider an sql option for next database
it would be nice to be able to run nightly scripts to send out
daily specials