Purge Data Less then 30 Days and other Questions.

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
Scott Hack

Purge Data Less then 30 Days and other Questions.

Post by Scott Hack »

I started playing with the system and have some old "test" data in my database that I want to get rid of. Is there a way to do this?

It seems that POS Pizza "kills" an order if I exit the program before it is cashed out. Is this the case? I keep making setting changes in the Utility Program and it requires me to run the daily mat. But the day isn't over with yet!

I'm sure I'll have more but this is a good start.

-Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We have a utility program that is on the POS Pizza CD that will kill the "test" data. I can email this to you if you like.

You can start and stop POS Pizza as much as you like and it won't loose the orders that aren't yet cashed out. The only way that this happens is if you close the day. Under normal circumstances you would not run daily maintenance without cashing out the "current" orders. You can however run the daily maintenance as many times a day as needed.

Scott
Scott Hack

How General is the Utility

Post by Scott Hack »

How general is the utility. Reason I'm asking is that I didn't load the sample data when I installed it. I created my own sample data.

-Scott Hack
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Very General. It will clear all transactions, but leave the customer and menu databases in tact.

Scott