Customers walking in and paying for their Delivery

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
pizzaboy

Customers walking in and paying for their Delivery

Post by pizzaboy »

Is there a way so that when a customer comes in to pay for their delivery that you can cash it out so that when the driver assigns it to him that it will make it a $0.00 charge to him because it is already paid for.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Yes, cash it out at the order entry station. It will still show in the driver's list, but have a line through the price showing no money is due. That delivery will not deduct from the driver's report, and will show for the cashier instead.

Scott
pizzaboy

I must not be doing it correctly

Post by pizzaboy »

I did as you suggested that I cashed out the order when they ordered and the bill prints up as cash tendered but there is no line through the total in sales so far today and it still lets the driver sign out the delivery and then when we cash him out it has the total for the paid delivery in his cashout totals. Also a little off topic but why would when we ring in a slice of pizza it comes up with a window after the cashout screen saying "Error #22 Tsu_Update"
X Error Saving Pizza Slice
Then you click Ok and then it disapears and then prints the reciept and as far as I can tell it has saved the order when I go to sales so far today. Thanks for your help
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I must not be doing it correctly

Post by Scott »

pizzaboy wrote:I did as you suggested that I cashed out the order when they ordered and the bill prints up as cash tendered but there is no line through the total in sales so far today and it still lets the driver sign out the delivery and then when we cash him out it has the total for the paid delivery in his cashout totals.
Choose "Credit" as the payment type, and it will show up in the daily sales. In the driver's close out report if the order was paid out at the cashier's station, it will put a line through the amount and the driver's total will not reflect this amount. Is this where you are looking or are you looking somewhere else? The receipt should show Credit Paid if it is closed out initially.

pizzaboy wrote:Also a little off topic but why would when we ring in a slice of pizza it comes up with a window after the cashout screen saying "Error #22 Tsu_Update" X Error Saving Pizza Slice

Then you click Ok and then it disapears and then prints the reciept and as far as I can tell it has saved the order when I go to sales so far today. Thanks for your help
I have no idea why you would get that error at that point. It means that it cannot update the item counters themselves (amount sold, last sale date). Does it do this only on the one item? If so delete the item, and then re-create it from scratch and see if the problem persists. You may have a corrupted entry in your data file.

Scott