scott help!!!

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
Warren

scott help!!!

Post by Warren »

Is version 5.0 ready yet? I will be opening some time in sept/oct so I want to wait for the new version before i set up my menue ect. My questions are as follows.

1) CAN I SET UP the new version on my laptop and when i buy my store system transfer it to the stores pc or multiple pc's?

2) what kind of format can i get the program to spit out my costomer list in? I am looking for a dbf format or excel . The reason for this is so i can run it througha cass cert program and do my mailers for .125 cents each .
thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

v5.0 will be going to beta very soon. It is very close. We're ironing out some details in the alpha versions and we need to create a data conversion utility to convert the 4.x data to the 5.0 style data. This utility will be available for download as well, so any setup that you do now will be able to be easily imported into v5.0

You can setup POS Pizza on a laptop or home PC and easily transfer the data to the site where it will be used. This can be done is a few different ways. You can use the backup/restore utility as well as simply copying the DATA folder from POS Pizza to the new location.

The data can be exported to Excel and there is a utility to export the data (v4.0) here on the forums. Click on the search link above and then type in the word Excel, and search on that term. You will find the post that has the link to the download for the data export utility. I am sorry, but I don't know the link off hand. :roll:

Scott