0 Records Deleted ?

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
pit stop john

0 Records Deleted ?

Post by pit stop john »

When I purge history files, I will set it to 90 days and sometimes it will go thru the files and at the end it says 0 files deleted. what is happening here. I know I have files that should have been deleted. then I will put down 60 days and it will delete those properly ?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Are you sure that you had entries that were older than 90 days? I just tried it here with the DEMO data and it worked fine....

Scott
pit stop john

0records deleted #2

Post by pit stop john »

Hi Scott,
Yes I did have records older than the parameter I set, as were open daily.
It seems to be working now, I just dont know what happened.

Now I have another problem... when I try to pull a report from last year, say the item sales report for 1-31-02 thru 12 - 31-03 there is no data generated. is this due to purging history files, and if so , how can we retrieve older data if we routinely purge history.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Once you purge the data, it is completely gone so you will not be able to generate any reports without the data for the specified period. The only way to retrieve this older data would be by restoring a backup that contains the data in question. It would be a good idea to do this on another computer so you won't replace all of your current data with old data.

If you want to save reports, save the reports themselves when you run them. These can then be moved to any other computer (with or without POS Pizza) for instant recall.

Scott