webbased orders

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
atapi

webbased orders

Post by atapi »

Hi guys...
I going to be using an online web based cart called oscommerce
www.oscommerce.com
but i need a way to import orders into pos pizza...
any ideas on how i could import orders into pos pizza from another source/???
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Sarpino's of Houston TX has a company developing a Web Based ordering system for them that will FAX the order to the store. This is a much better way of doing things, for several reasons. It allows a human (besides the orderer) to input the information, thus eliminating many prank orders, and 2... You don't have to run your own server or have a dedicated high-speed internet connection into your store.

This connection and a server would be needed in order for a web server to have direct access to your current POS Pizza database, so for this reason the first situation is by far the most affordable and the best. Also to get cable modem that has "inbound" access from your ISP usually costs 4 to 6 times more than a standard broadband Internet connection.

I will post more information here when he gets this interface completed.

Scott
Scott Hack

Program for use?

Post by Scott Hack »

I currently have an application that monitors an email address. Once an email has been sent to that address - it verifies the sending address to make sure its not spam. Once that is done, it uses the fax modem on my computer to send out the fax. What I don't have is a web interface to create the email. I'm willing to share my program with someone who can help me with the web interface. I'll even send it to you Scott - so you can bundle it - if your interested.

Its designed for people like me who have high speed, always on internet connections at home.

-Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The best way to generate email from web pages is using something like formmail.cgi. FormMail is supplied by most hosting companies and can generate emails from html post and can read forms into an email.

Web forms can easily be created with utilities like Home Site, Dream Weaver, etc. They can also be hand-coded in html if you are familiar with it. Take a look at our Contact page for an example of this. That page uses FormMail as well. This should get you in the ballpark. :)

I would like to take a look at your program. However the web pages would still have to be created for a case-by-case basis for each store's menu.

Scott