Probmes starting software

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
raamay

Probmes starting software

Post by raamay »

The software banner page comes up, then goes away and nothing else happens. Help! It was working fine for the past few years and now this. -------- System is running under Linux/WINE FYI...
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Probmes starting software

Post by Scott »

I am guessing you are the person who called me earlier today. POS Pizza is not designed to run under Linux even in a Windows Emulator such as WINE. Honestly I am surprised that v5.x runs at all under WINE. You may have better luck using v4.x, but version 5 does a lot of registry writes, so it could be an issue. I would also guess that since v6 uses enhanced graphics mode, that it won't be compatible either.

I don't know enough about WINE to help solve your problem. But you could either get a WINE expert to assist you, or you could load the software onto a Windows PC. One more thing that you could try is installing VMWare Player, and then installing Windows 7 or XP under it, and then running POS Pizza. I think this would be much better than WNIE in running POS Pizza, but you would still need a copy of Windows to install under VMWare.

Scott
raamay

Post by raamay »

I had the guy who originally installed it fix it. It is working again, thanks.
raamay

Post by raamay »

Any chance of a future Linux version? Even a Mac version would be better than M$...
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

raamay wrote:Any chance of a future Linux version? Even a Mac version would be better than M$...
No current plans for this. See: http://forums.summitcn.com/viewtopic.ph ... 1200#p3453

Scott