Pos module not responding when try to reprint

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
erkanfl

Pos module not responding when try to reprint

Post by erkanfl »

hi Scott it is me again i don't know if i am the guy who is having most issues with this software ,every weird thing that can happen is happening to me ,
now my problem is
i have upgraded to the last version of the module which is 6.92 as you recommended due to my database crushing problem at all stations, i have 2 stations and one windows 7 computer in the office where i run the database server
when i try to reprint some of the tickets the program freezes and crushes , no matter how many times i restart ,crushing computer , data base computer ,or trying to reprint the same ticket from other station doesn't help , once it does that no matter what i do i can't reprint that particular ticket but i can reprint other tickets with no problem
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pos module not responding when try to reprint

Post by Scott »

This is a first. Can you view a transaction history report for that order, or log in with a supervisor end edit it? I am curious why it doesn't want to print an order. That is very odd indeed. For printing the order is sent to the Windows print manager and the job is spooled. I can't think of a single reason for a complete shutdown during a reprint.

Try opening the order for edit and take note of the specific items on the order. Create a new order (1 each) for each of the items on the bad order and see if those new orders can print. Also use the same customer name if there was a customer assigned.

If any of the new orders crash, then I am going to take a guess and say that you have a corrupted item record. If this turns out to be true, completely delete that item from the database, and re-enter it from scratch.

Again, in all the years that we have been doing this, I have never seen a print job completely take down the entire system.

Scott
erkanfl

Post by erkanfl »

yes it can be opened for edit ,and can be cashed out or voided with void receipt printed , only problem with printing.whole program shuts down
Actually that happened last week with one of the costumer there were no way to reprint it out , and same costumer just ordered couple days ago same exact situation all over again ,it seems to be data base problem to me looks like some costumer information saved faulty ,it even might be connected to the other problem i had ,the one about the settings go back to the original after save
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If it's the same customer that is highly suspect. Delete that customer, then re-create the customer account. You might also want to go into the database directly with a database editing tool like SQLite Expert, and have a look at that specific customer record. See if anything jumps out as not looking right, like bad characters or extremely odd fields when compared to other customer records.

Scott