Credit Card Payments

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
tntpizza

Credit Card Payments

Post by tntpizza »

I've been using Charge It Pro for all my credit transactions over the past 2 years and also taking advantage of the online order payment gateway. Everything works great. I have had a few inquiries from customers (mostly businesses) that would prefer that our delivery drivers carry a device to accept CC payments versus giving their numbers over the phone. I would also benefit from a lower rate by swiping the card that is present.

Is there anyway to use a product like "square" to accept CC payments in person on deliveries AND also use the built in ChargeItPro in stores and online?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Credit Card Payments

Post by Scott »

Not yet unless you use the "Check" payment type for Square, but multiple processors and alternative payment types are coming in v7.

Scott
tntpizza

Post by tntpizza »

Ok, thanks. Using the 'Check' pmt is not a bad idea. What is the expected arrival of v7? Will there be a cost to upgrade from v6?

Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Right now it is looking like the early part of 2016, provided that there are no unforeseen issues that arise. There will be a small upgrade fee for those coming from versions earlier than 6 and v6 users who have purchased prior to 2015. As always our upgrade fees are minimal.

Scott