POS crashes/hangs after printing receipts

General Information about POS Pizza 6
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:54 am

POS crashes/hangs after printing receipts

Postby CataldosRD » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:38 pm

We noticed that some customers will cause the the main POS module to hang and crash. It's happens consistently for those customers. It happens both from the order entry screen and the print receipt screen. So far we cannot identify patterns between the accounts that are affected and those that aren't. We tried modifying customer records in a plethora of ways, for example, removing extra white space, changing street names etc, yet no effect.

This is becoming increasingly more prevalent and is dramatically affecting our ability to take orders.

Please Advise.

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2183
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:35 pm
Location: Western PA

Re: POS crashes/hangs after printing receipts

Postby Scott » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:55 am

Are they credit transactions?

Sometimes different screens from the card processors will end up coming up "behind" the main POS screen causing you not to be able to do anything, because the screen that is awaiting input is hidden behind others.

Hanging after printing could also mean that the poll display is configured in the local config, when in reality you don't actually have one on that computer. This would cause hanging all the time though because the POS would be trying to communicate with an empty COM port.


Scott

Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:54 am

Re: POS crashes/hangs after printing receipts

Postby CataldosRD » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Our credit card system is external to the POS, so no chance of a software conflict. Once again this only happens for certain customers. 80% I would say are successful, the other 20% are not. This makes me doubt any hardware related issues. It seems like it could be choking on the customer data itself. Is there any debug logs I could generate and forward to you?

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2183
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:35 pm
Location: Western PA

Re: POS crashes/hangs after printing receipts

Postby Scott » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:50 am

There are no debug logs, because anytime the system encounters an error, it will give you a numeric error code and abort the current operation. If its not even doing that, then there is a serious problem somewhere which could be a good number of things also including hardware, drivers, etc..

What would be best is if you could send me a backup of your database, along with a list of a few customers that work, and a few that don't so I can try it here.

Are you running this on the CS version? If so, do all stations experience the crash when opening that customer?

Also, when does it crash? As soon as you enter the phone, while adding items, submitting the order, or cashing out?


Scott

Return to General Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests