Help with setting up this POS in my store

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
PizzaProChandler

Help with setting up this POS in my store

Post by PizzaProChandler »

I need some help. I am trying to setup a pos system in my store but have never done it before. I just have a couple of questions at the moment. What kind of printer do I need to print a receipt for the maketable as well as one to put on my boxes that are sticky or do i need 2 different printers? Or do I have to have 2 seperate computer screens one on the maketable to bypass having to print out a ticket for the maketable? I need some help on how to set my store up with this pos system starting out fresh. Thanks.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help with setting up this POS in my store

Post by Scott »

For receipts, I would recommend either an Epson TM-U220 (impact), or TM-88 (thermal). You can find many off-brand printers for $20 or so less than these, but they sometimes take people a lot longer to configure. In my opinion, saving the hassle is worth the extra few bucks.

For sticky labels we use the Dymo LabelWriter series printers which you can pick up at a local office supply retailer. Address labels tend to work best and are the most cost effective labels for pizza box use.

Note: Box label printing, and make-line screens are only supported by the [CS] version of POS Pizza. The [LT] and [SA] versions can print receipts (or kitchen slips [SA] version) to the kitchen as well as register receipts. Each station can print up to 4 different receipts (all versions of POS Pizza) to different areas, and can filter items from various slips if needed.

With POS Pizza you get your choice of receipts, make-slips, labels, or screens (in any combination) at the make table. The choice is yours. Many go only for the printers, due to the smaller footprint. The screens are nice, but you need a computer, and some type of keyboard or keypad attached for quickly marking items clear.

Scott