Error Connecting to Server

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Error Connecting to Server

Post by Scott »

This is just a reminder that this post ( http://forums.summitcn.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1364 ) is in the CS version section. I have recently had a few people ask me this question, so I wanted to remind everyone of this flow chart that will guide you through getting the connection working.

Scott
erkanfl

Re: Error Connecting to Server

Post by erkanfl »

Scott wrote:This is just a reminder that this post ( http://forums.summitcn.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1364 ) is in the CS version section. I have recently had a few people ask me this question, so I wanted to remind everyone of this flow chart that will guide you through getting the connection working.

Scott
thanks for informing scott ,i mhaving this problem couple times everyday
why does the server data base stop running ????
how can i keep it running all the time ?? nobody touches it and we always have internet connection
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This is highly unusual for it to stop at all. Ours has been running for nearly 6 months straight.

Go to your log file and look for the entries marked Eror and read what they say. The 2 most common errors are TCP errors, or dongle not found.

If it is a TCP error, then you do have a problem with your network, like a switch resetting its ports, a bad cable, or a device upstream from the server momentarily losing its connection. Replace cables and devices if necessary.

If it is a dongle error, then stop the server, remove the dongle, and re-insert it into a different USB port from where it was originally. Once the new port is recognized and you get a steady green light on the dongle, start the server again.

Scott
erkanfl

Post by erkanfl »

Scott wrote:This is highly unusual for it to stop at all. Ours has been running for nearly 6 months straight.

Go to your log file and look for the entries marked Eror and read what they say. The 2 most common errors are TCP errors, or dongle not found.

If it is a TCP error, then you do have a problem with your network, like a switch resetting its ports, a bad cable, or a device upstream from the server momentarily losing its connection. Replace cables and devices if necessary.

If it is a dongle error, then stop the server, remove the dongle, and re-insert it into a different USB port from where it was originally. Once the new port is recognized and you get a steady green light on the dongle, start the server again.

Scott
i ve just looked it up
and it says
dconn :# dropped
dconn: timeout

what should i do ??
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

dcon is a normal client disconnect. Look for the message with eror in it like below.

140422082422 Eror License: Dongle Not Found

The first block is the time stamp (YYMMDDHHMMSS), then the type of event (Admn, Host, Conn, Dcon, Eror), and the last part is a description. If the server shuts itself down there will be an Eror entry explaining why it happened.

Scott
erkanfl

Post by erkanfl »

i am sorry i forgot to put my respond here ,but my problem came out as ;i was using one of that usb multiplier which the dongle was plugged in as well as pc mouse ,so removing it and directly connecting the dongle to the computer solved it
thank you very much