Driver Question

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
Hometown Pizzeria

Driver Question

Post by Hometown Pizzeria »

Scott,

I have forgotten something and for some reason our closeout at the end of the night is getting messed up. I understand the drivers bags are separate from the cash draws. So if I remember right here are the following steps I need to take to open a bag and close a bag for a driver.

1. We start with $50.00 in every bag so I would do a payout of a positive $50 for each driver bag from the cash draw.
? The driver setup already has it set to each driver starts with $50 in his bag, I still need to do the +$50.00 even so to keep the cash draw correct?
2. I run the driver report and on the report I see all the credit cards, and cash collected for the night. It then has his delivery fee payment subtracted from the amount collected, then plus the starting bank of $50.00 added to the total of the bag, then less any drops and finally the Total Amount Driver Owes.

I am assuming if I did not do a driver bag setup for a + $50.00, my draw would be coming out $50 over or short every night then?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Driver Question

Post by Scott »

Hometown Pizzeria wrote:I still need to do the +$50.00 even so to keep the cash draw correct?
Yes if you are invovling a register / registers then you do a paid out for the starting bank (if that's where it is coming from).

Also any DROPS that you do for your drivers that are placed into your registers, should be entered with a Negative Paid Out. Also do the same drop amount on the driver console for that driver. Then the driver report and drawer report will be accurate.
I am assuming if I did not do a driver bag setup for a + $50.00, my draw would be coming out $50 over or short every night then?
It would be $50 short if you did not mark the paid out, because the register would not know that $50 had been removed.

Scott