Deposit Report

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
tvoboril

Deposit Report

Post by tvoboril »

We just opened yesterday with the CS version of software. Everything went beautifully. This morning, I went to run the deposit report, and it read 0$. We opened and closed shifts, and all the other reports are showing the right numbers... I set the range to yesterday. I tried to set the range to last week, this week, custom range... all the same. Am I doing something wrong?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deposit Report

Post by Scott »

What does it do if you look at last 7 days? The deposit report needs at least a 2-day range for it to work properly. Also make sure that your day ending time is set to midnight, unless you are open past midnight. In that case set it to about 2:00a or 3:00a, but it should not be set past that.

Scott
tvoboril

Post by tvoboril »

It is still 0$. Do we need more than one day of data? We have only been open for a day. Maybe I am looking at the wrong report. Really, I just want a print-off of what should be in the bag to go to the bank. The Sales Summary Report doesn't break out specifically cash.. should we be using the Payment Summary report for that? What is the best report to run at the end of the day to account for the whole day of cash... and not just the end of each shift?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The deposit report will show Cash Counted for each shift close on each machine for a given period. It only shows a number > 0 when the shift was closed and the shift close amount > shift open amount. It will also show driver cash intake.

The bank deposit report needs a period of more than 1 day because it must include 2 full midnight periods in order to determine intake from the first one to the second one. Any periods that don't cover a full range will be dropped. It is best to look at the last 7 days for this report. Even if you pull a multi-day deposit report, each individual day's totals will be shown as well as each register for the day.

You could also use the drawer close reports, but you would need to deduct the shift open amount from the shift close to get the actual cash taken.

Scott