How to check out a driver in free version?

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
ttomeny

How to check out a driver in free version?

Post by ttomeny »

We are opening a pizza delivery store in a few weeks and would like to use the free version for a couple of weeks before spending the money on the paid version. Is there a convenient way to check out a driver at the end of the shift in the free version? The only thing I've seen so far is to open the management module and print an order summary report and manually add up each drivers orders. I can't even export and then sort this report because it is an exe file that won't open in a spreadsheet.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to check out a driver in free version?

Post by Scott »

There is really no facility in the free version for a driver close. Just basic delivery tracking is available (who took what) if you use the assignment key in the Main POS Module.

In the CS version the driver check out process is very easy and is built in to the driver console. It takes the drivers' starting bank, and then adds all of the cash that the driver accepted. If orders were paid by credit card at register, then it will show but the driver is not responsible for this amount, so it will be shown with a line through it and not be counted in the total. Next it removes any delivery pay that the driver is due based on the employee account settings, and then deducts drops made, and finally shows how much that driver owes back to the store, or that the store owes the driver.

If you want to export the data in the free version, try printing to a TEXT or ASCII file via the print driver. Another solution would be to use an SQLite utility and create a custom export to CSV using an SQL statement. The default database can be opened directly and the order/delivery data is accessible.

Scott
ttomeny

Post by ttomeny »

I cannot figure a way to print to an ASCII or text file. I am trying to do it with the order summary report. Is it possible?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Printing to ASCII is an option in the Windows control panel for the specific driver settings. You could try the "Generic / Text Only" print driver, since it supports this feature.

Scott