Setting up POS Pizza

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
jawnskeel

Setting up POS Pizza

Post by jawnskeel »

I'm setting up the SA version of POS Pizza. I was wondering if when adding pizzas to the menu, if they all share the same toppings at the same price (e.g. a Plain Pizza has toppings and a Hawaiian Pizza also has the same toppings except for Pineapple and Ham being removeable), is there any way to have the same toppings and prices for each or is it just a tedious process?

Also, what is the different between and item category under Configure -> Global Configuration Editor -> Item Categories and the item groups found under Inventory -> Item Groups?
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Setting up POS Pizza

Post by durbancic »

If you go to the pricing tab for the items, you can set the toppings to have $x.xx for each topping so that you do not have to price each topping individually. But when you do this, each topping on the toppings tab of the item has to have the "is a topping" box checked so that they will ring up at that price.

Item categories would be set up as: pizzas, specialty pizzas, subs, burgers, wings, beverages.
Item groups (correct me if I'm wrong) are used for combos - lets say you have a pizza, wings, and beverage for $x. You could program this as an item group.

Dan
jawnskeel

Post by jawnskeel »

durbancic wrote:If you go to the pricing tab for the items, you can set the toppings to have $x.xx for each topping so that you do not have to price each topping individually. But when you do this, each topping on the toppings tab of the item has to have the "is a topping" box checked so that they will ring up at that price.

Item categories would be set up as: pizzas, specialty pizzas, subs, burgers, wings, beverages.
Item groups (correct me if I'm wrong) are used for combos - lets say you have a pizza, wings, and beverage for $x. You could program this as an item group.

Dan

Is there any way to mass add toppings?

Edit: I'd also want to have half-topping prices too, does the $x.xx for each topping button take into consideration half toppings?

Double edit: Looks like it works for half-topping prices as well, i.e. if you say toppings cost $1.00, the if you have allow half toppings selected for a topping, it will charge half of $1.00, or $0.50 for the half-topping.
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

You can set up your first item, and then when you need to setup your next one, click on the import button on the upper left hand corner to import toppings from the first item. Yes, it will do half the price for half the topping, unless you select the option "round to the nearest whole number of toppings".
jawnskeel

Post by jawnskeel »

durbancic wrote:You can set up your first item, and then when you need to setup your next one, click on the import button on the upper left hand corner to import toppings from the first item. Yes, it will do half the price for half the topping, unless you select the option "round to the nearest whole number of toppings".

I don't see this import button.
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

Inside of an item, when you have the tabs that go across the top (general, pricing, toppings) the import is above that on the left hand corner.
jawnskeel

Post by jawnskeel »

Found the import thanks.

So I'm adding toppings and setting up different pizzas at the moment, and I ran into a little situation. I have to add "Jalapeno" as a topping. Easy to add it to toppings list, but there is no way to add the topping to all of my pizzas on my list. Is there any way to do this?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

jawnskeel wrote:Found the import thanks.

So I'm adding toppings and setting up different pizzas at the moment, and I ran into a little situation. I have to add "Jalapeno" as a topping. Easy to add it to toppings list, but there is no way to add the topping to all of my pizzas on my list. Is there any way to do this?

No, that's why you should create your menus in the following order.
  1. Create All Categories
  2. Create All Pricing Schemes
  3. Create All Toppings
  4. Create First Item and Add Toppings
  5. Create other items, and import settings from first item
  6. Create Groups of Items
Scott
jawnskeel

Post by jawnskeel »

Thanks Scott. It's a little tedious, but as is any other initial POS software setup. I'm getting quicker at it now :)

I have another issue that I can't seem to solve. Note, I haven't set up my printers yet, but how do I decide where my food prints? For example, we have a receipt printer and two kitchen printers. Is there a way to have an item from the Pizzas category go to the pizzas printer?
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

For printers printing specific items, see the docs for kitchen printing. You can filter receipts if you are a carry out business, but if you're a sit down place, you may want screens or labels instead.