EDIT ORDERS

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
tntpizza

EDIT ORDERS

Post by tntpizza »

I am test driver the LT version now for my pizza shop. I was able to edit orders if they were not already cashed out. When attempting to edit an order that was paid for the save button is grayed out.

Is this a feature that is not availble in the LT version?

Or how should I handle a change to an order in this example. Walk-In customer orders a pizza and sub and pays on the spot. Once the transaction has finished the customer realized that he only needed a half sub. How can this be edited without voiding the entire transaction and starting over?

Thanks guys
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EDIT ORDERS

Post by Scott »

Unfortunately in the situation above, you could only void the order then start a new one.

If it were a regular account customer (non-walk-in), you could import the last order to have that as a starting point, but not the case with walk-ins.

This is done because simply editing the order at this point would be messy with all of the available payment types that are possible to apply especially in the case of mixed payments or points or credits being previously applied. The only real solution is to completely remove the first order and then add a new order when changing a single item. If adding new items, then it is best to ring the new items up on a separate ticket.

Scott