Touchscreen Keyboard Numbers

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Touchscreen Keyboard Numbers

Post by synpse »

Can you please fix the touchscreen keyboard. When the physical keyboard is used, the number keys above the qwerty letters all default to the shifted option.. such as !@#$%^&*()

This gets annoying when putting in a time or other number, and sometimes results in confusion in the kitchen and out front.

Thanks,

I'm done for the weekend!
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Touchscreen Keyboard Numbers

Post by H-Man »

They've been that way forever. I'm sure that's how it was intentionally designed and not a mistake, since the regular keyboard use during touch screen is working in the same exact manner as the on screen keys. You can't change the case on the lettering either. The first letter in each word gets capitalized while the others remain in lower case. The on screen keys do this too. If those keys are changed to the numbers, then we can't get any symbols since the shift keys do nothing when in touch screen mode. I'm sure things were designed this way for speed and simplicity from the on screen side. If you add a shift key to the on screen keyboard, that would really slow things down for the touch user.

Have your employees use the numeric keypad instead, or disable touch mode if they're using the physical keyboard more than touch.
Last edited by H-Man on Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

synpse wrote:such as !@#$%^&*()
P.S. When I first saw this, I thought you were cussing....
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

!@#$@#%@#!@!!!!

Scottttttt... It did it again.

I use the drawer count tool. touchscreen keyboard enabled. And i go to edit the amount after using the tool, then it shows numbers, but when I hit OK it closed the drawer at $1.00

isn't the first time. so i know it's somewhere in the logical controls getting crossed :)
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:!@#$@#%@#!@!!!!

Scottttttt... It did it again.

I use the drawer count tool. touchscreen keyboard enabled. And i go to edit the amount after using the tool, then it shows numbers, but when I hit OK it closed the drawer at $1.00

isn't the first time. so i know it's somewhere in the logical controls getting crossed :)

Opened and Closed several times here, and haven't been able to get that to happen. I started with empty data as well as with numbers already in the field. Worked fine both ways numerous tries.... :shock:

Scott
Fat Tonys

Post by Fat Tonys »

I didn't have a problem with the touch screen but I did make a mistake entering a shift close, and when I edited it, it wouldn't save the new value. I just kept reverting back to the wrong value???
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Fat Tonys wrote:I didn't have a problem with the touch screen but I did make a mistake entering a shift close, and when I edited it, it wouldn't save the new value. I just kept reverting back to the wrong value???
What version to do you have? I can't duplicate this at all. Field changes every time I click save here. This part of the code hasn't been changed for a very long time, so the version shouldn't really matter, but I am curious if you are having this issue. Does it still do this? Was it a one-time fluke? Are you 100% sure that you clicked save and not cancel?

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

It is a rare occurance, but YES, I am Sure it has happened atleast 3 times. Usually it's after I total up the drawer using the count tool, then have to add some check $ amount to the total, and then it displays the total, but closes out at $1.00 which is probably that "Checkbox=1" field value something field.. yaknow? it's on the previous release .16 ?

But it is almost impossible to reproduce with a method, it just happens every now n then. just weird..
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:It is a rare occurance, but YES, I am Sure it has happened atleast 3 times. Usually it's after I total up the drawer using the count tool, then have to add some check $ amount to the total, and then it displays the total, but closes out at $1.00 which is probably that "Checkbox=1" field value something field.. yaknow? it's on the previous release .16 ?

But it is almost impossible to reproduce with a method, it just happens every now n then. just weird..
There are no checkboxes on that form, and if the system were pulling a logical checkbox value and inserting it into a currency field, it would do it all the time or not at all. It has to be reproducible by some set of parameters. There is no such thing as a random occurrence when it comes to computers. It may at times seem that way, but it's never the case (thank goodness).

Has anyone else experienced this?? If so, can someone tell me how to make it do it?

Scott
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

synpse,

Are you using the default values for all of the fields? Pennies, Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, Dollars, etc?
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

I use the drawer counter all the time, and have never had any issues with it.
NetTech

Post by NetTech »

synpse wrote:It is a rare occurance, but YES, I am Sure it has happened atleast 3 times.
If its after you have been using the system for a period of time. It is quite possible that the problem could be somewhere else altogether. If a block of memory gets overrun or data is written outside of a previously allocated memory block, it could cause other corruptions even to the extent of poisoning the IP packets and sending corrupted or bad info requests to the server.

Jake
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

NetTech wrote:If its after you have been using the system for a period of time. It is quite possible that the problem could be somewhere else altogether. If a block of memory gets overrun or data is written outside of a previously allocated memory block, it could cause other corruptions even to the extent of poisoning the IP packets and sending corrupted or bad info requests to the server.
Writing over system memory in versions of Windows after 2000 is nearly impossible. You can corrupt your own process's memory, but other processes are protected by the OS. Generally when you write outside of an allotted block you flat-line Windows (GPF). Corrupted data isn't usually a nice even number in the case of a numeric value either. It would be more like a string of garbage looking characters in some random location, if the machine doesn't GPF first.

Scott