LT and Delivery

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

LT and Delivery

Post by synpse »

How do I handle delivery orders with the LT version?

I'm trying to get something setup for a Pizza restaurant "ASAP!!!!"

We'll be upgrading at some point, I think, If the LT version works well for when we start with just 1 computer. But for right now, I'm on a very tight budget til the shop makes some money to buy me some new stuff.. like hardware and software.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LT and Delivery

Post by Scott »

There's not much to it really. Mark the order as delivery, and assign a driver if you want to keep track of which drivers took which orders.

You won't have the extra reporting and data that the delivery driver console in the full version provides, but this should be adequate for basic tracking of who took which order.

Delivery directions will still print at the bottom of customer receipts and can be used by the drivers when deliveries are made.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

I'm just seeing a headache at the end of the day when the driver goes to cash out. Delivery Fees, Tips, etc.
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

synpse wrote:I'm just seeing a headache at the end of the day when the driver goes to cash out. Delivery Fees, Tips, etc.
Running with no driver console will not be nearly as nice. The driver console handles tips, fees, driver payment, drops, etc. as well as giving you valuable information about how long a driver takes on his delivery runs.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:I'm just seeing a headache at the end of the day when the driver goes to cash out. Delivery Fees, Tips, etc.
That information will not be tracked by the LT version or any version's Main POS module. Only the driver console has that capability.

Scott
jingo

Post by jingo »

Is there anywhere that we can look at the docs or get an explanation of how the driver module fits into the big picture?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

jingo wrote:Is there anywhere that we can look at the docs or get an explanation of how the driver module fits into the big picture?
The driver console's docs are just like the main POS docs in that they ware written toward the driver's point of view. Some of the extra drivers reports are mentioned in the Financial Reporting document, which you should already have if you have the LT version.

There are also a couple of videos on our main POS Pizza info page that show how the driver console checks out deliveries, and then returns. These can be found by clicking on the driver console screen shot image found on the left side of the web page.

If you want I can email the driver console docs to you, but I don't really think they'll be too much help if you're primarily interested in reports, tips, and driver pay in general. If there's enough interest I can post the driver console docs, as well as a sample driver closeout report.

Scott