POS Pizza Demo Questions

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
BackdoorPizza

POS Pizza Demo Questions

Post by BackdoorPizza »

I am just trying to demo the program right now and so far I really love it. Super easy to use but I am hoping for some help to make a few things easier. I am setting up my pizzas in the Master Items and to make it account for the dough, sauce and cheese I have it including 3 toppings even though these are all given items for any pizza. Is there a way to make it given and have the toppings only apply to pepperoni, onions, sausage and all the other myriad of traditional toppings? I am also wondering what is the easiest way to setup my delivery area streets? Is there a way to mass enter them in as a file or do I have to update them all individually?

Thanks,
Jeff
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: POS Pizza Demo Questions

Post by Scott »

Hello Jeff, and welcome to the forums.
BackdoorPizza wrote:I am just trying to demo the program right now and so far I really love it. Super easy to use but I am hoping for some help to make a few things easier. I am setting up my pizzas in the Master Items and to make it account for the dough, sauce and cheese I have it including 3 toppings even though these are all given items for any pizza. Is there a way to make it given and have the toppings only apply to pepperoni, onions, sausage and all the other myriad of traditional toppings?
Toppings such as cheese, sauce, dough/crust are all "standard" toppings, and should *not* be marked "Is A Topping". You also don't want to put any charge on these items for individual topping prices. You do however want to put the amount used in minimally the "whole" situation. This will let it count against inventory, but won't charge any additional for these items. They are all part of the "base price" for the master item.

You can take this a step further making the Cheese, and Sauce "Removable Standard" toppings which make the item pre-checked in the POS, and allow the cashier to remove them. When they are removed on an order, the wording from the "Exclude Name" will be printed with the Item Name. The Exclude Name should read something like "No Sauce" or "Minus Sauce" or anything else that would make sense to your specific needs. Removing one of these items will not effect the master item's price as long as you followed the steps in the paragraph above.

Optional toppings such as pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, etc. can all be marked as "Optional" so they won't be pre-checked, and the "Is A Topping" box will also be checked. The Is A Topping box tells the system to "Charge Extra" when this topping is picked. The amount will either be (if using individual pricing) the prices set on the modifier page for each condition (1/2, whole, double) or the flat topping charge. The flat topping charge is charged as-is when the topping is added to the whole item, and charged 1/2 when the topping is added to half, and charged 2X when the topping is doubled. You can also add additional restrictions (round to whole, half as whole, etc.) from the pricing page when using flat topping prices.

One thing that you may want to try is renaming your current database to something other than POSPizza.PZ6 (this can be found in the program's install folder), and then rerunning the Database Creation tool and letting it create the 'Demo' sample data. Then you could go take a look at the items that are setup in the sample data to get ideas before attempting to create your own menu. Once you're ready to move on, and create your own, you can delete the current POSPizza.PZ6 file, and rename the original one back to POSPizza.PZ6 or create a new empty database again.
I am also wondering what is the easiest way to setup my delivery area streets? Is there a way to mass enter them in as a file or do I have to update them all individually?
Streets will be added automatically whenever a new customer is input into the database. You could also import them if you have a CSV file containing your areas streets. The "Import Streets" tool can be found on the "Maintenance" menu inside of the Management Utility.

--

Scott
BackdoorPizza

Post by BackdoorPizza »

Thanks so much for the info Scott, it really helped me out.

Another question now. I have my tax rates setup to equal 8.1% and when I choose an indv. item to add to an order like a Large pizza which is $10 it shows the tax as .81 which is correct. When I save and go to the cash out screen it shows the tax as .80 and a grand total of $10.80. Any ideas?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

BackdoorPizza wrote:Another question now. I have my tax rates setup to equal 8.1% and when I choose an indv. item to add to an order like a Large pizza which is $10 it shows the tax as .81 which is correct. When I save and go to the cash out screen it shows the tax as .80 and a grand total of $10.80. Any ideas?
No Idea. I just set my sales tax to 8.1% and added a $10 item and got the expected 0.81 tax both when adding the item, and when cashing it out.

Was your item exactly $10 even? What does it look like if you view the Transaction History Report? It should show the tax amount and the item.

Scott
BackdoorPizza

Post by BackdoorPizza »

Thanks Scott, for some reason when I seperated the city and the sales tax it didn't calculate correctly so I just went ahead and put 8.1 as the sales tax. Intest of 6.35% and 1.85%.

I do have another question. I forgot to add chicken wings as a topping in order to have it calculate on my master item, is there a way to go back and add in the used inventory after the fact?

Thanks,
Jeff

ps. I will be sending you guys some cash soon for the whole enchilada.... great pos software. thanks!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

BackdoorPizza wrote:I forgot to add chicken wings as a topping in order to have it calculate on my master item, is there a way to go back and add in the used inventory after the fact?
Yes, the easiest way to do this is to go to the actual topping in the toppings editor and then click on the button just below the cost per unit field that looks like a padlock. On the next warning screen click the continue button. Now modify the system amount and amount on hand fields so that they are where they currently should be and then "save" the topping.

There is no way to make it show that it "sold" x-amount of this particular topping, but the topping amount will be correct, and will begin tracking new sales.

In this case this is better than using the adjust topping, since that does not change the system amount and would have shown a difference.

Scott
BackdoorPizza

Post by BackdoorPizza »

Is there anyway to go back and edit previous days punch in and out times for an employee?
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

go to the employee editor portion of the management console and select the employee. the last tab across the top is the time entries. if you have sufficient privileges you will be able to edit their information.