Networking Databases

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
tonyspizza

Networking Databases

Post by tonyspizza »

I have 4 computers running the same version of POS LT. I have all 4 networked together so that the printers connected to one computer can be accessed by the others. But when I update one computer with a new pizza or price change, I have to go to each other computer to do the same changes. Is there a way they can all share the same database so when I update one, it updates all of them?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Networking Databases

Post by Scott »

Yes, you would need to purchase the CS version, and it would do all of that for you. The LT version is only a "single-user" version of POS Pizza, while the CS version is multi-user, so everything would be synchronized throughout your entire system.

Scott
shockley

Post by shockley »

I already tried doing that too, but it was too hard to manage so I stuck with version 5.
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

I am using the CS version and it is A LOT easier to network than version 5 was. In version 6, you install the server that runs on your 'server' machine as a process and the clients just find it. It is that easy!
IMO, the couple weeks of time learning the new system more than makes up for the time spent learning it. V6 is so much better, and the reports are awesome, with more being added if demand is high enough!

Dan
shockley

Post by shockley »

I can't speak for the CS version, but I did try to network the LT version with no luck.
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

The problem you were running into was that LT is a single user only version, it is not able to be networked

Dan
tonyspizza

Post by tonyspizza »

thanks for the responses. i thought it might involve having to upgrade to CS version. right now i just cant afford it. just have to wait.
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

I would think running separate copies would also get cumbersome since you would have to remember which customer accounts and which orders were taken on which machines. Seems like a lot of extra work.

I would definitely recommend getting the upgrade as soon as you can. In addition to the networking, you also get a ton of added features like all of the extra modules like drivers stations, make stations, and online ordering just to name a few.