Demo'ing pos pizza

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
sauce

Demo'ing pos pizza

Post by sauce »

I went to your main web site and looked at information for pos pizza, and decided to download the free version to give it a try. I installed the sample data but now want to try putting in my own menu items. I thought that if I just ran the database create tool again that I could replace the sample data with new data. The problem that I am having is that if i use the database name pozpizza that it tells me it already exists, and if I use some other name it creates it, but it doesn't seem to change anything in the program, the sample data is still there. How can I replace the sample data?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Demo'ing pos pizza

Post by Scott »

You will need to delete the database(s) from the folder where the program is installed.

Go to My Computer (Computer in Win7 & Vista), then open the C: drive and find the POSPizza6 folder. Open it, and locate the LT folder within it. Open the LT folder and delete any files that end in .PZ6 by moving them to your recycle bin. Once this is done, close the drive folder and launch the Database Creation Tool.

You can now create an empty database using the default name "pospizza". After your database is created, you should be able to log in and begin creating your menu.

See pg. 14 in the Mangers docs for a broad view of what things should be setup, and in what order.

Scott
sauce

Post by sauce »

Thank you, that worked perfectly. I just want to confirm, that any menus that I setup now will easily port over to the full version if I decide to purchase?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

sauce wrote:I just want to confirm, that any menus that I setup now will easily port over to the full version if I decide to purchase?
Yes, all you will need to do is copy the data file from your current version to your new version.

Scott