upgrade nightmare

General Discussions
red_barn_pizza

upgrade nightmare

Post by red_barn_pizza »

hey i upgraded and got my new licences in one shot but i keep getting:
Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If your clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code CCB-F).

this seems to be reoccouring for me as sometimes my clock will jump time but not days.......also I am home with the program and want to upload everything at work is this going to be possible? someone mentioned that the Hardware fingerprint: blocks me from updating the same information on my home/ office computer is this correct? i wish i would have known prior to purchasing this, when i did change the date to let me in now it says i have 21 days left on my license
WHATS UP WITH THAT ? :x :x
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Was the date correct when you did the install? That could have been a problem. The clock must make a fairly good jump to set that off. One thing that we know triggers it is if you are running Windows 95, 98, or ME and are using the clock on the task bar as a calander. If you move the dates (even to just look at a certain date), these older versions of windows actaully set the date ahead or behind to that date. Make sure that you are not doing this while the system is running if you use these versions of windows.

Your data can be transfered between your home and your office, and whoever told you that gave you false information. The data is serialized but that has nothing to do with the hardware fingerprint. It is merely to keep the data integrity in tact. Certain files cannot be separated, so you have to move all of it or proper sets of files. If you tell us what you are trying to move we will assist you. If you are moving only parts of the data, it is reccommended that you download the Utility Pack #2 as this has a data serial number fix utility with it.

If the system reports that the serial numbers do not match, it means the data serial numbers and running that util will repair this problem, unless the data sets have been improperly spit up. As I said earlier, please let us know what specifically, (ie. Customers, Menu, etc) that you are trying to move if you are not trying to move all of the data.

If you are trying to move all of the data, use the Backup/Restore utility (Management Utility - File Menu) to make a backup to a disk from computer #1, and then go to computer #2, and restore from this disk.

Your original temp license that you got is the one that has 21 days left on it, your regular license will remove this warning once you install it.

Scott
Mike
Support Team
Support Team

Re: upgrade nightmare

Post by Mike »

red_barn_pizza wrote:hey i upgraded and got my new licences in one shot but i keep getting: ....
I sent you licenses by email, use those ones, and not your original ones. When you purchase a license our system initially gives you a temporary license because we do not have your hardware fingerprint info. Once we receive your fingerprints we issue a 2nd license key code, that is the one that you should install at that point. Even if the other one is running fine. Run the License utility and put in the new number and this will go away.

Mike