Points/Rewards System...

General Discussions
wcpc

Points/Rewards System...

Post by wcpc »

Scott... I love the Points System as do my customers... we have it set up with only 2 pizzas that "cost" 20 points, they can get a FREE 1 Topping Large Thin or Regular Crust 1 Topping Pizza when they accumulate 20 points...

I've tried to figure out how I could let the points apply towards a Gift Certificate, not all customers want a Thin or Regular Crust Pizza... if I could give them a $10 Gift Certificate for 20 points instead of a pizza that would be great...

If that's possible, please tell me how to do it.

Thanks!
JimD
Windy City Pizza
Charleston, IL
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Points/Rewards System...

Post by Scott »

The only way that you would be able to do that would be manually. Gift certificates are not handled by the POS, gift cards are, but not gift certificates. You could create an item called $10 Gift Cert, and then set the proper amount of points needed in order to purchase that Item. Set it's price at $10. When a customer purchases one of these, you can provide them with a gift certificate and setup one of the custom payment types to accept these gift certificates.

If you want to do it with the gift cards, use manager type gift cards, and just hand them one that is ready to go. These would be setup ahead of time in the system. You would still do the same with the "Item" above to help keep track of and manage the points.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Points/Rewards System...

Post by Scott »

Another thought.

You could create 2 items:
  • Gift Certificate (redeem) = -$10.00 (0 points)
  • Gift Certificate (purchase) = $10.00 (or x points)