Specials with more than one master item?

General Discussions
treefetty

Specials with more than one master item?

Post by treefetty »

How can I add a special for a Large 2 topping AND a Cheese bread? I don't think that making a cheese bread a topping and adding it to the master item is the way to go. Please shed some light. Thanks!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Specials with more than one master item?

Post by Scott »

This is exactly what Item Groups are for. Create a group called Large 2-Topping Pizza w/Cheese bread, and then add those 2 items to the group along with a non-inventory item that reduces the price by the amount of the special. Lock the non-inventory item so that it cannot be edited by the cashier when the special is added to an order.

From the POS Module, select the "Group" button to add the special to a ticket. From the premium POS create a button and assign that group to the button.

Scott
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

Thank you Scott that makes sense. I appreciate it. I am also having trouble adding to inventory. I click ad to inventory and there is nothing to choose from. Even though I have plenty of "toppings" in the system. So for a 10" box I have those on certain master items and I see where they are being taken out of inventory because it is showing -100ish. What am I doing wrong by not being able to add inventory? Thanks!
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

I have added the "group" but the button is still grey. I can not select it. I have tried to reset the server and the program still nothing. Do I need to do something else? Thanks
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

treefetty wrote:I have added the "group" but the button is still grey. I can not select it. I have tried to reset the server and the program still nothing. Do I need to do something else? Thanks
No need to respond to this question. I did some searching and figured out that I need to enable "use item groups"

Thanks!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

treefetty wrote:Thank you Scott that makes sense. I appreciate it. I am also having trouble adding to inventory. I click ad to inventory and there is nothing to choose from. Even though I have plenty of "toppings" in the system.
Groups allows you to pick from Master Items, so you have to have Master Items setup in the system to pick from.
So for a 10" box I have those on certain master items and I see where they are being taken out of inventory because it is showing -100ish. What am I doing wrong by not being able to add inventory?
In order to be able to add or count inventory items, the individual topping MUST have the Reorder and Cutoff values set above zero. Reorder is the point where the topping should show up on the reorder report, or the point where it is getting low enough that you should order more. Cutoff is the point where it is critically low, so this should be below the reorder value, but not zero.

Scott
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

Awesome Thanks! We just keep moving forward with the program! I offer a Thin and a Pan crust. Would you make these crusts "toppings" and then select from the modify window which one you wanted? Or would you create different Master items for the two? Lets say a Large Meat lover Thin and a Large Meat Lover Pan. I want to make my inventory work best with the system. Thanks again for all the help!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The topping method is the easiest, but you can do it either way. Using the topping method set both crusts to the group code C within the Master Items editor on the Toppings / Extras page. After all of the toppings are grouped to C, then go to the Options tab page and set Exact Required Groups to C. Doing this will force the cashier to pick exactly 1 crust topping. They can't pick more, nor can they pick less. This prevents confusion and errors.

Note: These group code designations can be anything of your choosing, and ARE case sensitive so c would be treated differently than C. I chose C for this example to represent crust. For more details on toppings groups see the Managers docs starting at the bottom of page 61.

Scott
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

Thank you very much! More YouTube videos would be killer but I am glad we have the docs because that helps too!