Opening 2 drawers for orders.

General Discussions
treefetty

Opening 2 drawers for orders.

Post by treefetty »

I am having a hard time figuring out do I just need to open two drawers on the separate machines and then close them out? Will it notice which order was cashed out on what machine? Say if I cash out one order on machine 1 and the other on machine 2 then on the drawer close report they will be separate correct? On the driver module I dont have a cash drawer but it seems to ask for a payment type and then when i do my report at the end of the night some tickets are missing from the report and I assume they are in the driver module. Is there a way the drivers can clock out tickets and clock them back in but not cash them out upon arrival?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Opening 2 drawers for orders.

Post by Scott »

treefetty wrote:do I just need to open two drawers on the separate machines and then close them out?
Yes, that is exactly how you're supposed to do it. Individual drawers on individual machines are considered separately within the system.
Will it notice which order was cashed out on what machine?
Yes, each drawer is a separate entity, and has it's own report which shows only the orders cashed out at that station.
On the driver module I dont have a cash drawer but it seems to ask for a payment type and then when i do my report at the end of the night some tickets are missing from the report and I assume they are in the driver module.
Drivers each have their own report too, just like the drawers. The first thing you should do is go into management and set the Accept Only Cash Payments from Module option to on, by checking it. This is found under Configure -> Driver Console Setup.
Is there a way the drivers can clock out tickets and clock them back in but not cash them out upon arrival?
Yes, use the driver dispatch module found in the CS version. This should be setup on its own computer so that the driver's don't have to bother the cashier. It also gives you full reporting on each driver, and tracks their times out of store, etc.. For a video overview of the driver dispatch click this YouTube link.

Scott
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

Thanks Scott for the reply! Love the make line and dymo printer capability. Really impressed. Can't wait to get online ordering set up in the near future.
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

Scott I am having some trouble understanding the driver dispatch. I understand each driver has their own report but how is their cash and credits handled? If I give them $20 for a bank and we are using money from a drawer to give them money back from tickets then why does it not show up on that machine in the drawer close report? If I have 3 drivers I need to have 3 separate cash registers for them? But even then if they use the driver module there wouldnt be any information on their respective machines. Hopefully I am missing something or you can give some guidance. Thank you. I do notice on the deposit report it shows what drivers owe, but I am hoping I can still use the driver module and at the same time use a drawer to cash them out so to speak.

Scenario: I have 3 drivers they all get a $20 bank and are paid delivery fees in the edit employee section. I have an inside guy that has opened a drawer for $100 and has given the drivers each $20. The drivers then use the module to clock out deliveries and when they clock back in they give that money to the inside guy and he holds on to that money in separate places in the drawer until the end of the night. However the drawer shows no transactions because they are each on the drivers reports. Is there a way to do both drier module and the drawer?

Thanks!
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

Also I have 3 machines. I want to take orders from 2. Can I still use the 3rd as the "driver console" and somehow cash those out and have an open drawer on that 3rd machine? Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Driver's are not handled as part of a drawer and should not be mixed with a drawer. See the document file called A Simple Sample Day in POS Pizza.pdf in the Windows "Start" menu in your POS Pizza 7 [CS] / Documents group. This document explains how the drawers, drivers, and reports relate to each other.

Each driver should be setup with their starting bank amount in the employee editor. Once a driver begins his shift, if you take that bank from a cash drawer, do a paid-out for the amount so that the drawer balances. You can label the paid-out something like "Driver Bank: John Smith", as these will be visible in the paid-out reports.

The drivers should hang on to their cash unless you do driver drops periodically throughout the shift. If you make a drop, do the drop in the driver dispatch console, so that the driver report balances. If the drop money is added to a drawer do a paid-in (paid-out with a negative value), so that the drawer balances. You can label the paid-in something like "Driver Drop: John Smith".

If you do all of these things, then the drawers should all balance, and the driver reports should be accurate.

----

Letting the drivers cash out at a machine, can work, but is not recommended as it will be complicated, and will make the driver report useless as well as not allowing you to narrow discrepancies down to specific drivers. I suggest using the method above instead.

Scott
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

Thank you. I think we will be getting lock boxes and having the drivers hold onto their cash.