Search Function

General Discussions
littleitalyuk

Search Function

Post by littleitalyuk »

I'm trying to find out how to change the print time of future orders. I've scoured the manuals but can't find anything, so thought I'd search the forums, but it's telling me that future, order, and time, are all too common search terms so they've been ignored. This isn't the first time I've had this issue and it's really infuriating when I'm trying to find info. Is there any chance of it being fixed so that she search function actually works, and how do I change the print time on a future order? I need to set the system to the order prints 45 minutes before it's due to be delivered.

Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Search Function

Post by Scott »

The search function is part of the forum software. I'm not sure if they have updated this feature in their newer versions or not, but if so I will expedite our upgrading of the forums here.

-----

The print time for a future order is set directly in the order-entry screen. That time set is not the time that they want the order, but rather the time that the order should be printed as cook times and delivery times vary throughout the day and week.

In other words if a delivery customer wants a 6:00p at the door time, and he lives 10 min away, and your cook time is 40 min, you would set the order print time to 5:10p so that it prints at that time.

Scott
littleitalyuk

Post by littleitalyuk »

Thanks, Scott, that makes perfect sense, and covers my other concern of what happens when we're really busy. I was convinced I'd seen a print time function somewhere, but I must have imagined it!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There's delivery running late time for the driver console, and order getting old times for the make lines. That's probably what you saw.

Scott